• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Forbes/Layberger: South Florida, Left Out Of Big 12 Expansion, Is Building For A Better Day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Absolutely. IPF done by this time next year and an OCS coming much sooner than anyone thought. It's difficult to not be excited about our future, but I guess there will always be pessimists out there.

Is the plan to connect the football center to the OCS or have it joined to the IPF?  Would make more sense to have it with the IPF.  When do you think we might see some of those detailed plans that Will Weatherford was alluding to?  Thanks John!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

5 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Absolutely. IPF done by this time next year and an OCS coming much sooner than anyone thought. It's difficult to not be excited about our future, but I guess there will always be pessimists out there.

John, I love you, you know that. I'm 66. My future is a lot less than yours. Are we in OCS by time I'm 80? Not trying to be difficult and I'm not a huge "we need an OCS" person.  Just 6 - 8 win seasons will make me happy. Of course that depends on which teams we are playing. If they are all against FAMU and the Citadel maybe not so happy. I want to stay past halftime with a chance to see a win at this point. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

I would figure that they would use the study from 2017. If that is the case it looks like the site on the Southwest corner by botanical gardens is 5he site that has more space if they are looking at adding dorms and retail space. Notice that in that study that area was found to be better for branding purposes.

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/wusf/files/8-8-17_USF_Stadium_Study.pdf

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So are you reporting there will be a realistic plan for an OCS being presented in the near future? If so can you pass back the little feedback that given the history of no movement on the subject and the constant reiteration that projects need full private funding to take off the ground bringing that up with zero launch plan is going to make pessimists out of most people. I mean it’s been a week and I haven’t seen a single thing that made that seem more than just a spit balled idea that lacked substance, that is until reading this post.

I certainly understand everyone's pessimism based on our past whenever the OCS was a topic.

There is going to be a realistic plan for the OCS. I can't tell you exactly when that will roll out, but it will be rolled out, so that those interested in helping with that project can do so.

I've been here a long while and I don't think I have ever heard the Board of Trustees Chairperson ever talk about an OCS the way it is being discussed now.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

Can't wait to be able to have a fund set up solely for an OCS!

Go BULLS !!!

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

John, I love you, you know that. I'm 66. My future is a lot less than yours. Are we in OCS by time I'm 80? 

That is the plan.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

There is going to be a realistic plan for the OCS. I can't tell you exactly when that will roll out, but it will be rolled out, so that those interested in helping with that project can do so.

THIS.

Also, I am seeing sparks on the field.  We could turn the corner.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

I certainly understand everyone's pessimism based on our past whenever the OCS was a topic.

I've been here a long while and I don't think I have ever heard the Board of Trustees Chairperson ever talk about an OCS the way it is being discussed now.

I just think bringing it up when the plan is to eventually have a plan is a bit tone deaf to the history of the idea. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

And the CEO of the foundation 

6 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Is the plan to connect the football center to the OCS or have it joined to the IPF?  Would make more sense to have it with the IPF.  When do you think we might see some of those detailed plans that Will Weatherford was alluding to?  Thanks John!

I'm not part of those discussions, but once we know and can share we definitely will.

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

And the CEO of the foundation 

I cannot believe I forgot Jay Stroman. He is also very key to this project.