• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So how much does USF make from a sold out game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, MikePhillips said:

enough money to significantly increase our research endowment LOL

As long as our "Research" involves finding some contractors to get the IPF show on the road. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

On 9/11/2021 at 10:58 AM, BulledOver said:

As long as our "Research" involves finding some contractors to get the IPF show on the road. 

The main contractor is a long time booster.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

There were still many unsold “advance” tickets in every section on Ticketmaster till 5pm on Friday when they all disappeared.  Not sure what ‘sold out’ means anymore. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The main contractor is a long time booster.

yeah I saw that article on Simmons. I wondered if he was related to EE Gene Simmons a contractor way back when in Sarasota...just one of those "I wonder" moments. It is good that people who have the capacity, step up and try to help USF out. If you could get a contractor to do the job gratis, that would be a pretty good chunk of $. So many ways to cut costs on a construction project. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, 94 Bull said:

There were still many unsold “advance” tickets in every section on Ticketmaster till 5pm on Friday when they all disappeared.  Not sure what ‘sold out’ means anymore. 

It just means the Glazers will make more money. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

On 9/11/2021 at 8:18 AM, 79 Bull said:

I kind of remember that we pay TSA/Bucs around $175,000 rent for a game when the upper decks are open.  I could be way off but for a full sold out game, there are probably 25,000 single tickets sold when you take out season tickets, student allotment and comps issued.  For this game the average single ticket on the primary market to USF had to be at least $100.  Quick math says that's a net of about $2.3 million not counting in season tix.  I have no idea if any of that is shared with UF, if we pay travel or other game day expenses.

GO BULLS!

Seems there is an amount we pay, but it's extra for a sellout due to more security and concessions.

BULLieve we now get 500 parking spaces that USF "owns" and can sell.

I also am remembering from a while back.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I do not know our deal, but what I have heard generically about events at RJS is that the Bucs keep 100% of the first $1 million dollars spent on concessions.  Everything after that is split with the event organizer.  I might be wrong about the $1 million figure, but it is a very high amount.    Have you ever wondered why the old Tampa Stadium used to hold concerts all the time but RJS sits vacant and major acts will avoid Tampa like COVID-19 (could not resist that one).  I know there are not as many stadium touring acts as there were a few years ago, but there still are festivals, and none of them are going to RJS.  They will go to the Citrus Bowl where they can make money.  I think the first musical artist to make money at a concert at RJS was some country act, but I do not remember who.  Brittany Spears played there years ago before she went mental and even with her sold out show she did not make money off any concessions, albeit how much money would teen girls spend at a concert?

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

So less than 24,000 fans: USF pays $172,000/game

More than 24,000 fans: USF pays $185,000/game

Plus TSA collects a fee for every ticket sold. basically $2.50/ticket. 

Six year deal signed in 2017. I just realized the writer of the article didn't think their initial statement through. 

"USF has made Raymond James Stadium its home since the team's inception in 1997."

However RJS didn't open until 1998...

15623292996202.jpg

USF has made Raymond James Stadium its home since the team's inception in 1997. ORACLE FILE PHOTO Questions over where USF will play its home football games...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

Aside from being able to keep all money from concessions, tickets, parking, merch, etc. there is another huge benefit of this stadium- We have tons of talented High School teams in the area.  It would be huge to host one or two high level HS games a year- Imagine a Lakeland/Jesuit/IMG game at the new stadium.  Or even making a bid to move the HS state championship games to a more central location like this. Putting something like that at RJS would look small and out of place, doing it at a newer, smaller field would have a better feel and look.  The possible exposure to high level recruits locally would pay dividends- they would see a brand new stadium, IPF, and locker rooms.  It would be like taking entire teams on an unofficial visit to the school. 

I have to believe that the additional revenue streams that would open up for USF would be enough to pay any debt incurred building the field.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Aside from being able to keep all money from concessions, tickets, parking, merch, etc. there is another huge benefit of this stadium- We have tons of talented High School teams in the area.  It would be huge to host one or two high level HS games a year- Imagine a Lakeland/Jesuit/IMG game at the new stadium.  Or even making a bid to move the HS state championship games to a more central location like this. Putting something like that at RJS would look small and out of place, doing it at a newer, smaller field would have a better feel and look.  The possible exposure to high level recruits locally would pay dividends- they would see a brand new stadium, IPF, and locker rooms.  It would be like taking entire teams on an unofficial visit to the school. 

I have to believe that the additional revenue streams that would open up for USF would be enough to pay any debt incurred building the field.

Plus there is no stadium near that size in Tampa. If a touring artist/comedian/event wants a venue with 20k fans they can book Amalie Arena and if they want a venue with 60-70k fans they can book Ray Jay. But I wonder how many concerts end up in Ray Jay not because they need that much space, but because nowhere else is big enough.

A 40k stadium that would be much cheaper to rent and on a college campus full of kids looking for **** to do would probably book events all offseason and bring in more money.