• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now more than ever, the Bulls need you

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At some point USF athletics needs to stop asking what more everyone else can do for it and start asking what it can do for everyone else. USF athletics despite what some may believe is a business and is in the entertainment business which is only confusing to people because I can’t remember the last time it was entertaining. We went the religious model of trying to make people feel dutiful guilt with the promise of a future reward that never comes. USF has a half a billion dollars it can borrow against, fleeces $18 million dollars a year in fees from the students and has squandered every dollar it’s ever been given sometimes paying three head coaches at a time. If USF wants to fix things at some point they need to demonstrate it and not always ask people to come up of their pocket books because this will be the first time they demonstrate a vision that’s not been communicated or realized since the most powerful man in the building left and was replaced by a void.

Best post I've read on here in a long time.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

We should never forget. Also did I hear right today that we do not allow former players onto the sideline unless the played in the NFL.  If this is true where did that come from and how insulting is that for those that laid it out for this University?  What kind of culture and tradition does that build.  We could use some of these past players to help pass on experience to help tell the story and grow the legacy.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, puc86 said:

They could be met, we have accepted failure as our reality but there is no reason it had to be that way. We chose the streets it didn’t choose us.

It may have had to be that way relative to donors. Yes we had some but never did get any whales. As I stated earlier I put more blame on the alumni than anybody but it was a group effort. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It created expectations that could not be met. I know I know we loved it when it happened but it created a standard that was unrealistic for a young program. Indeed, it indirectly got Leavitt fired because a few donors thought we had peeked under him. We were not ready and it created an untenable situation. Certainly in the long run it got us nothing. 

Because the administration failed us.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, monktified said:

We should never forget. Also did I hear right today that we do not allow former players onto the sideline unless the played in the NFL.  If this is true where did that come from and how insulting is that for those that laid it out for this University?  What kind of culture and tradition does that build.  We could use some of these past players to help pass on experience to help tell the story and grow the legacy.  

That is mortifying if true and totally bush league. 

Just now, Brad said:

Because the administration failed us.  

The alumni failed us more but it was a team effort. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Honestly, we have been with USF football through it all. It’s now time for USF to be there for US!! USF failed us, each and everyone of us. Did UCF fans rally around their team when we passed them? No. UCF sold out to win, building facilities, creating an image and flat out spending cash to get there. That’s what USF has to do now. I’m tired of the old “we need to be there for them”. It’s USF’s turn and I’m done until they do. You don’t buy a crappy product hoping the company improves. I love my alma mater, but enough is enough. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

4 minutes ago, monktified said:

Clemson rules.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

We will never be relevant again.  At least those of us that were there for the Leavitt years will have those memories.  I feel sorry for the newer fans and more recent students that will only have memories that are of the garbage we deal with now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That is mortifying if true and totally bush league. 

Of course it did. Players we all know tweeted about it last night.  

That silliness will be flipped and there will have been some misunderstanding.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, jg233 said:

We will never be relevant again.  At least those of us that were there for the Leavitt years will have those memories.  I feel sorry for the newer fans and more recent students that will only have memories that are of the garbage we deal with now.

They are fine because they have never had a reason to buy in, my step daughters boyfriend just graduated. He was in a fraternity they tailgated every game but I’m pretty sure never once went into the game and sort of laughed at the idea. The only fans we have left are from the CJL era and from a year or two of the CWT era every other period has been spared of this burden that more and more people shed every passing year. They aren’t bad people for defecting they are utilitarians and we are masochists until we aren’t.

• Upvote 1