• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important Question for those Nostalgic Fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

Started at USF in 1997, the first year USF played in games. I remember the highlight we’d expect back then was the ticker rolling by with a final score. Ever so often we’d make a top 10 play on sportscenter. Was at FSU, ran onto the field after WVU thinking “we finally made it” as I looked around to see the stands absolutely packed. Since I’m obviously starting to go through a midlife crisis, I need to know. WHO IS THE MOST USF-esque FOOTBALL TEAM OUT THERE RIGHT NOW SO I CAN TRY TO RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS? Who should be my secondary team? The underdog that could potentially beat anyone, and then eventually lose to their “Rutgers”. Is it Coastal Carolina? If not, who?

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Coastal Carolina crossed my mind too. West Florida as well. They won a Division 2 National Championship in their second or third year in existence I believe, if you're talking about ANY College Football team, regardless of division...

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,640
  • Days Won:  6

My daughter went to Emory and is proud to say they are undefeated in football since 1836.  Might be a good one to keep an eye on.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, SquishaBull said:

Started at USF in 1997, the first year USF played in games. I remember the highlight we’d expect back then was the ticker rolling by with a final score. Ever so often we’d make a top 10 play on sportscenter. Was at FSU, ran onto the field after WVU thinking “we finally made it” as I looked around to see the stands absolutely packed. Since I’m obviously starting to go through a midlife crisis, I need to know. WHO IS THE MOST USF-esque FOOTBALL TEAM OUT THERE RIGHT NOW SO I CAN TRY TO RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS? Who should be my secondary team? The underdog that could potentially beat anyone, and then eventually lose to their “Rutgers”. Is it Coastal Carolina? If not, who?

Yes you are basking in the early days of success and excitement. Imagine in 97(et all) it was a lot of fun to be a student. It was thrilling. When CJL got the boot it changed but WT gave us hope again and then..? Oh never mind you know. And here we is.................................. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Coastal Carolina crossed my mind too. West Florida as well. They won a Division 2 National Championship in their second or third year in existence I believe, if you're talking about ANY College Football team, regardless of division...

Made the championship game in season 2, won the title in season 4. UWF athletics are worth every dollar they ask for and I give.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Made the championship game in season 2, won the title in season 4. UWF athletics are worth every dollar they ask for and I give.

They play their national championship game at a high school stadium 12 miles from where I live and it is not even the nicest one in the area.  This is the same as watching HS football, yawn. 

Just now, Friscobull said:

They play their national championship game at a high school stadium 12 miles from where I live and it is not even the nicest one in the area.  This is the same as watching HS football, yawn. 

So, if we improve a bit...

• Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, JTrue said:

So, if we improve a bit...

Touché 

• Haha 1

UWF is up on McNeese at the half. It's a good game for any of you with ESPN+.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

UWF is up on McNeese at the half. It's a good game for any of you with ESPN+.

If I am correct, that is a Division II team beating a FCS (former 1AA) team which we all know about. Impressive.