• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will 2021 see better attendance than 2019, the last season before covid?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2019 was coming off a 6 game losing streak so there wasn't much hope to be good, but we were coming off a bowl game and had a new OC so expectations were higher than this current team at least. We ended up averaging 31,823 fans a game. Not counting Wisconsin (46,704) it was 29,343 fans a game.

This year we're coming off losing 8 games in a row. But the circumstances for a first year coaching staff made it hard to hold against them. Whether its due to hope that we will be better or people being bored with covid, we somehow broke the school record for spring game attendance even though people had to wear masks in the middle of the day in Florida.

Home games: UF, FAMU, Tulsa, Temple, Houston, Cincinnati

Note: If the UF game is a sellout we will need to average 25,000 fans a game the rest of the season to beat 2019's avg attendance.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

Should be a similar outcome and wouldn’t be surprised. With the gaytors coming in that should be like the whisky game.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Since more people are buying tickets to see the Gators, announced attendance will be higher but if we get waxed by them actual attendance will give Joey such a hard on that he may request to be transferred back to our beat.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Since more people are buying tickets to see the Gators, announced attendance will be higher but if we get waxed by them actual attendance will give Joey such a hard on that he may request to be transferred back to our beat.

He's going to beat something over it.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Attendance will be very high for the Gators game, but in all likelihood, the losing streak will be at ten after losses to both NC State and UF.  I imagine we will be back to the 15k to 20k diehards when FAMU comes to town on September 18th. A win over FAMU will not impress the casual fan, and with no ucf on the home schedule, I don't see paid attendance over 25k for the rest of the season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

33 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I imagine we will be back to the 15k to 20k diehards when FAMU comes to town on September 18th.

Unless things have changed, FAMU will be higher attended than that .....

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

No mock turtleneck, no emotion, our players were tired and didn’t practice that way, it’s never on the coaches, blame on the uniforms. With all those excuses out of the building there should be room for fans now….. and covid has pretty much passed

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i think if the product  on the field improves so will the attendance

Guest Jonesy Bull

I think we will see an uptick, if only because people are anxious to get out of the house and do fun things again, after this Covid nightmare.

Whether that continues throughout the Season will depend on the product on the field.  Which I think will be better, so I will say Yes.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I think it will be close to 2019. According to the season ticket site, right now in section 212 there are only 41 season tickets left. In 213 there are 29. In 131 there's ONE ticket available.