• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone going to BYU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just got the email on away game tickets and the wife and I are thinking about going to BYU.  Never been to Utah.  Just curious who’s going and if anyone has any input on areas to stay.  It looks like Provo is about 45 minutes from Salt Lake City.  We’re following the cousin Ricky philosophy on road games.  Expect a loss and enjoy the city.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

59 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Just got the email on away game tickets and the wife and I are thinking about going to BYU.  Never been to Utah.  Just curious who’s going and if anyone has any input on areas to stay.  It looks like Provo is about 45 minutes from Salt Lake City.  We’re following the cousin Ricky philosophy on road games.  Expect a loss and enjoy the city.

We will not be able to go this year. Glad se added another home and home with them. First time in years we haven't already planned away game trips. Not saying we won't do any but not excited about seeing them play more football.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

37 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We will not be able to go this year. Glad se added another home and home with them. First time in years we haven't already planned away game trips. Not saying we won't do any but not excited about seeing them play more football.

I hear ya.  Not much excitement with the football program these days. We could be winless and we’re still going to Nawlins.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I hear ya.  Not much excitement with the football program these days. We could be winless and we’re still going to Nawlins.

Forgot about that one. We do have reservations there.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Why would anyone want to go to Utah? 

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,513
  • Days Won:  10

My wife and I are going.  We're going to head over to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite after the game.

We went to Moab the Summer before last and did a Jeep excursion in the Arches National Park.  I'll be happy to give you some great suggestions.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I’ll be making the drive up. Have some friends from SLC and Twin Falls heading in for it too. I always seem to coax a few of them to head to the game with me whenever the Bulls are on this coast. 

Edit: To add SLC is gorgeous, you’ll be a little far for Zion(which I hit once every few months from Vegas) but you have Arches and a ton of other beautiful parks right outside of the city. The Mormon temple there is gorgeous, and they have a surprisingly good brewery scene. Not much between Provo and just south of SLC but it’s not barren either and you’ll be able to find any type of hotel for the most part. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

23 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Just got the email on away game tickets 

Interesting.  Though still a donor, I didn't receive any email and when I go online to access my ticket account for purchase it says the page doesn't exist.   Hope they get this squared away soon as the Bulls are playing two away games in my NC back yard.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,483
  • Days Won:  13

I cant make it. Will be in Vegas for the Fins game that weekend. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

On 6/8/2021 at 12:00 PM, flsportsfan83 said:

I cant make it. Will be in Vegas for the Fins game that weekend. 

The only realistic road game to Vegas that is closer than BYU is UNLV. This should be the perfect excuse to catch both in the same weekend, especially with BYU being a Friday. I’m driving up to Provo from Vegas the morning of the game. 

• Upvote 1