• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone going to BYU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Days Won:  10

I'll be going with the wife.  I arranged business in SLC that week, so it worked out nicely.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

On 6/7/2021 at 3:19 PM, El_Toro_86 said:

Just got the email on away game tickets and the wife and I are thinking about going to BYU.  Never been to Utah.  Just curious who’s going and if anyone has any input on areas to stay.  It looks like Provo is about 45 minutes from Salt Lake City.  We’re following the cousin Ricky philosophy on road games.  Expect a loss and enjoy the city.

I got some Priceline special near SLC.  Been there a few times...  The city has some great views for Florida natives like myself.  The city is like in a bowl surrounded by mountains and the Great Salt Lake.  If you look out the window in the city, there tends to be a giant mountain right there.  You can be up in the mountains in 20-30 mins.  I am going to check out Park City again and then get up into some of the resorts in the mountains.   

SLC itself is kinda dead on weekends, but there are multiple football games going on in the area that weekend.  Driving around is kinda chill.  If you get in a jam and need something real quick, there's a big indoor mall thing called City Creek Center.  There's a pharmacy underneath there, bathrooms, and a few places to eat.  It's kinda generic, but it's there!

On 6/13/2021 at 8:01 PM, Brad said:

I may go to BYU game - the only part of Utah I have ever experienced is the Salt Lake City airport.  

It's not a bad airport!  It had that big open feel like Tampa.  There's even a Shake Shack I think.  

On 6/7/2021 at 6:24 PM, DELdaBull said:

Why would anyone want to go to Utah? 

It has some non-Florida things.  After doing some Utah nature or sights, one could then go north and get into a ton of national park space.  It's a pretty amazing part of the country.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,487
  • Days Won:  13

Not sure how far away Zion is, but that is my fav National Park.

• Go Bulls! 1