• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS Sports: Ranking AAC Coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have no problem with CJS he seems like a perfectly nice person and I believe if he is failing it’s not from lack of effort, my issue is with the systemic failure that has become our men’s athletic programs. It’s just frustrating and I’m not interested in any five year plans that take 4 years to notice the first sign of improvement. Year one is a good place to start improvement, year two fine hopefully you learned something year one, year three wtf are you waiting for and year four wtf are you still doing here? Just win, it’s so easy to do in the AAC that even UCF has figured out how to do it and yet we make it look so hard for no explicable reason.  It’s easy to come up with the millions of reasons why you can’t win, what we need are people that can come up with at least one way to do it.

Yep...many teams in the AAC have learned how to win while good old USF keeps tumbling down the stairs. Problem is, all we can do is wait right now until the season starts and we see what takes the field. If I (and I am not ) in charge. I think I would get the long awaited IPF going. Give the fans something to focus on that is a positive. Yes we have had team success in other USF sports(that's great) recently but many of us only follow a couple sports so their success albeit good, doesn't impact us as much. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think this is fair enough, I’m just ready to start seeing it and we had a better chance of demonstrating that at the end of last season than we do in the start of this season. Some improvement in year one would have went a long way in creating good will for year two but I worry we are in for more excuses in year two than we will see wins, which at some point has to be hard for everyone to swallow but I’ve seen people already pave the way to year four of failure (which means you think a lot less about CJS than I do).

Rest easy for now. Maybe all your worry will be for naught when your cheering on the USF wins coming up.   Well hell, that could happen...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722

17 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Yep...many teams in the AAC have learned how to win while good old USF keeps tumbling down the stairs. Problem is, all we can do is wait right now until the season starts and we see what takes the field. If I (and I am not ) in charge. I think I would get the long awaited IPF going. Give the fans something to focus on that is a positive. Yes we have had team success in other USF sports(that's great) recently but many of us only follow a couple sports so their success albeit good, doesn't impact us as much. 

I still can't get a straight answer on if the renovations have started on the Selmon Center.  Michael Kelly didn't answer me when I asked him for an update on Twitter, and no one who covers USF seems to know.  I guess I am going to have to drive by there next month when I am in Tampa and see for myself.  I will post pictures.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I still can't get a straight answer on if the renovations have started on the Selmon Center.  Michael Kelly didn't answer me when I asked him for an update on Twitter, and no one who covers USF seems to know.  I guess I am going to have to drive by there next month when I am in Tampa and see for myself.  I will post pictures.

Gets some locker room pics, preferably lady volleyball, Tennis and Soccer rooms in use.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Gets some locker room pics, preferably lady volleyball, Tennis and Soccer rooms in use.  

major league baseball GIF
How about baseball?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

On 5/19/2021 at 12:50 PM, USFRaider said:

I did drive by a couple of weeks ago and saw nothing but a few dumpsters behind some green fencing and not much going on.  I think trip actually posted a picture.

This gets me to the bigger issue.  I read through this entire thread and it’s the same drivel about CJS.  Is he good... does he suck?  Frankly, who knows.  Not enough data to make a decision.  

The real problem is not CJS.  It lies above CJS’ pay grade and was here long before he stepped on campus.  The fact is USF has never committed to excellence in athletics and in the mean time we have been lapped by the idiots in Oviedo.  Say what you will about them but they took some risks and prioritized athletics and look at them now.  Who knows when or if we’ll ever see the overall I4 trophy.  Not only have we not won an ACC championship in football but we haven’t even played for one.  Inexcusable!

Maybe with a new President and AD, er VPoA things will be different, but to be honest I haven’t seen much to say that it will.  These faculty improvements should have been done a while ago and I’m not even going to touch the OCS issue.  Most of the members of this board will be taking a dirt nap before USF has an OCS.  We have arguably one of the worst football facilities in a mediocre conference and play in a rented stadium. All of that starts at the top.  Looking at you Pres and VPoA.

That’s why success is fleeting.  Seems like the country club sports do okay but the 2 revenue sports, football and MBB have been awful.  One or two good seasons followed by long streaks of crap in both.  When the two biggest championships you’ve won are cheerleading and mascot, you’ve got bigger problems than whether your football coach sucks after 1 highly unique season.

I’m done.  Go Bulls!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722

7 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I did drive by a couple of weeks ago and saw nothing but a few dumpsters behind some green fencing and not much going on.  I think trip actually posted a picture.

This gets me to the bigger issue.  I read through this entire thread and it’s the same drivel about CJS.  Is he good... does he suck?  Frankly, who knows.  Not enough data to make a decision.  

The real problem is not CJS.  It lies above CJS’ pay grade and was here long before he stepped on campus.  The fact is USF has never committed to excellence in athletics and in the mean time we have been lapped by the idiots in Oviedo.  Say what you will about them but they took some risks and prioritized athletics and look at them now.  Who knows when or if we’ll ever see the overall I4 trophy.  Not only have we not won an ACC championship in football but we haven’t even played for one.  Inexcusable!

Maybe with a new President and AD, er VPoA things will be different, but to be honest I haven’t seen much to say that it will.  These faculty improvements should have been done a while ago and I’m not even going to touch the OCS issue.  Most of the members of this board will be taking a dirt nap before USF has an OCS.  We have arguably one of the worst football facilities in a mediocre conference and play in a rented stadium. All of that starts at the top.  Looking at you Pres and VPoA.

That’s why success is fleeting.  Seems like the country club sports do okay but the 2 revenue sports, football and MBB have been awful.  One or two good seasons followed by long streaks of crap in both.  When the two biggest championships you’ve won are cheerleading and mascot, you’ve got bigger problems than whether your football coach sucks after 1 highly unique season.

I’m done.  Go Bulls!

I did hear Michael Kelly on a podcast yesterday and he says the renovations have started and everything is on schedule for the IPF

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I’m done.  Go Bulls!

I couldn’t agree more, the issue isn’t unknown’s fault fault for still being an unknown a year in, as he didn’t hire himself. Each coach since CJL has had a singular season to write home about and if everything goes entirely swimmingly we would get one whole good season out of CJS as well.

We need a home run at some point off the bat and this feels more like a bunt, which occasionally can turn into a home run but it’s not very likely. Our fans are atrophying, our good will has burned to the ground, we can’t renovate a locker room much less build a practice facility and we overall make me sad. If there is ever a force ranking of athletic directors our VP would probably find himself firmly below those a level down on the org chart and he will have earned it.

If we do not want to compete at this level then let’s just be honest and either quit or stop asking for money because even the lottery knows it has to pay off sometimes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

40 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I couldn’t agree more, the issue isn’t unknown’s fault fault for still being an unknown a year in, as he didn’t hire himself. Each coach since CJL has had a singular season to write home about and if everything goes entirely swimmingly we would get one whole good season out of CJS as well.

We need a home run at some point off the bat and this feels more like a bunt, which occasionally can turn into a home run but it’s not very likely. Our fans are atrophying, our good will has burned to the ground, we can’t renovate a locker room much less build a practice facility and we overall make me sad. If there is ever a force ranking of athletic directors our VP would probably find himself firmly below those a level down on the org chart and he will have earned it.

If we do not want to compete at this level then let’s just be honest and either quit or stop asking for money because even the lottery knows it has to pay off sometimes.

I don't think it's a matter of WANTING to compete at this level but the bottom line is that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken **** and our donor base is pretty much the equivalent of chicken **** ..... and has been from the beginning. They don't know what it really takes to build a program, or just don't care. We've been through multiple Presidents and AD's but there's been one constant, an overall donor base that. for whatever reason, basically sucks and just doesn't get it. So we can take all the shots we want to at the administration (although taking a lot at the current one at this point in time is pretty clueless) but if you want to know where the real problem lies, take a look into the collective mirror.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Ah yes, blame the consumer again for the crappy product ..... 

• Me no likey 1