• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basebulls four game series with FAMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

22 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I believe it is guest list only right now.

Stetson is 9-0 to start the season

True - my point is that it is early in the season and we have a common opponent that both teams took 4-0

Stetson’s other 5 wins are against North Alabama (who is 0-5 and Stetson out scored 37-10), along with UCF on a midweek game

On paper, Stetson appears to be the better team based on stats - they beat FAMU 16-4, with two shutouts, while we took them 35-14, with one shutout

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I don't care who it was against, that was one of the greatest baseball comebacks I have seen in 14 years of season tickets for baseball.  Backup SS hits a 2 run dinger to tie it in the 9th before Hogan's gamewinner.  I like what I see from some of the youngsters.  The pitching needs to be better for sure.  Need at least one win vs Stetson.  Two would be a great wkd

Edited by JoeB
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The last guy left for South Carolina and I'm not really sure we did a whole lot while he was here.

Mark Kingston and we made the NCAA tournament 2 of his 3 years and the year after he left we made it again under Mohl.   He was a good recruiter.   It actually appears that Mohl may have adopted his philosophy of recruiting hitting and building from there

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, bowman1 said:

True - my point is that it is early in the season and we have a common opponent that both teams took 4-0

Stetson’s other 5 wins are against North Alabama (who is 0-5 and Stetson out scored 37-10), along with UCF on a midweek game

On paper, Stetson appears to be the better team based on stats - they beat FAMU 16-4, with two shutouts, while we took them 35-14, with one shutout

I'm with you.  I was just pointing out their record.  It will definitely be a test for our young team.  They have a couple stud pitchers and are the favorites to win the ASUN over Florida Gulf Coast.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

19 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Mark Kingston and we made the NCAA tournament 2 of his 3 years and the year after he left we made it again under Mohl.   He was a good recruiter.   It actually appears that Mohl may have adopted his philosophy of recruiting hitting and building from there

How quickly I forget.  Seems like ages ago since we made the tournament.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

It was a good series sweep vs FAMU but now they must win vs better opposition which they will face in conference. AAC baseball is tough but USF should always be competitive and competing for titles and NCAA bids in baseball.