• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basebulls four game series with FAMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I believe it is guest list only right now.

Stetson is 9-0 to start the season

Ok, I was hoping it was something like that.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

All or nothing to me is strikeout or bomb. I don’t think you can really knock Cantu for what he’s doing any way you stretch it he’s hitting 389 over six games. 

those two are 22% of the line up and they 35% of the hits. That’s not egregious, it’s not they are half the offense. The leaders usually do account for more than their fair share. 

I didn't knock him, I stated a fact and said we could live with that.  He is 7-9 in 3 games and 0-12 in the other 4 .... all or nothing.  Hogan feasted on poor FAMU pitching and he has some pop for sure, but let's see how that average holds up over the season.   Brutcher, Ruiz, and Lane have been the most consistent and  very good ..... after those 5 though, not much at all.  

I already said we have some young guys in the line up with some potential.   Pitching is terrible after Jaziak.   Either way the question marks are there for Mohl.   We should be at least in the middle of the pack in this conference and I'm not very confident right now that we will be there this year, but it's a long season.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I didn't knock him, I stated a fact and said we could live with that.  He is 7-9 in 3 games and 0-12 in the other 4 .... all or nothing.  Hogan feasted on poor FAMU pitching and he has some pop for sure, but let's see how that average holds up over the season.   Brutcher, Ruiz, and Lane have been the most consistent and  very good ..... after those 5 though, not much at all.  

I already said we have some young guys in the line up with some potential.   Pitching is terrible after Jaziak.   Either way the question marks are there for Mohl.   We should be at least in the middle of the pack in this conference and I'm not very confident right now that we will be there this year, but it's a long season.

I can live with the ups and downs of an inexperienced team if the year ends on a high note and our guys seem to be getting more consistent as the season wears on. This year was never going to be good, Mohl just has to show he's got the roster moving in the right direction.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I can live with the ups and downs of an inexperienced team if the year ends on a high note and our guys seem to be getting more consistent as the season wears on. This year was never going to be good, Mohl just has to show he's got the roster moving in the right direction.

I can agree with that in general but if it was never going to be good then that is in part at least to Mohl.   It is way to early to pass any judgement, but while I am impressed with a few guys early in the year I am not very impressed with the team in general.   That can change though as the year wears on with these young guys.

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

I can agree with that in general but if it was never going to be good then that is in part at least to Mohl.   It is way to early to pass any judgement, but while I am impressed with a few guys early in the year I am not very impressed with the team in general.   That can change though as the year wears on with these young guys.

Of course. This isn't a good team, by any stretch, and that is on him. If he wants to keep his job, he can't finish last and point to a few isolated players as a sign of good things to comes. There needs to me marked improvement across the board AND some impressive individual performances.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Of course. This isn't a good team, by any stretch, and that is on him. If he wants to keep his job, he can't finish last and point to a few isolated players as a sign of good things to comes. There needs to me marked improvement across the board AND some impressive individual performances.

Just curious, are there other HC’s out there that are proven and would be willing to come here? I’m not familiar with baseball recruiting and coaches, so it’s an honest question. Also, if we were to land a really good up and comer, would they leave in 4 years like football or is it different and there’s a little more stability (maybe a Prado situation)?

7 hours ago, michibull said:

Just curious, are there other HC’s out there that are proven and would be willing to come here? I’m not familiar with baseball recruiting and coaches, so it’s an honest question. Also, if we were to land a really good up and comer, would they leave in 4 years like football or is it different and there’s a little more stability (maybe a Prado situation)?

The next coach is as willing to come here as we are to pay him. Same goes for staying.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Granted FAMU is now 0-8, but given how flukey a game baseball can be, any 4 game sweep is a nice accomplishment 

The next series with Stetson should be an interesting litmus test, since they also took FAMU down 4 straight.

Stetson also just beat up UCF midweek (UCF just took 2 of 3 off Ole Miss as well)

great accomplishment

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

He also has 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored, in those "nothing" games. The bottom of the lineup is usually hit or miss. Not many teams outside the game's elite are gonna be good 1-9. 

Pitching is awful, All I really said to start all this off is that its not all doom and gloom, there is something there at least offensively.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,707
  • Days Won:  108

13 hours ago, michibull said:

The last guy left for South Carolina and I'm not really sure we did a whole lot while he was here.