• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Signing Day - Part Deux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But it’s the reality. The starters need them to improve. Sure there may be a flyer in there who gets some PT but many will be gone within 2 years. It’s a business. 

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Didn't say it wasn't a reality, just a **** way to describe kids who'll be working their asses off for basically nothing ...

the reality is, they are on the roster. If practice squad doesn't count for anything try telling a coach he doesn't need one.

These kids are either on or are grey shirting to be on the roster. Anything can happen, especially in this next coming season as we aren't and probably won't be cleared of Covid protocols. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

and that’s all I am saying. Some seemed to think these guys are great players and that’s not the case. 

I'm in no way a follower of Recruiting.  So I look to guys like you to provide me your analysis.  It seems like you are not happy with this class of recruits today.  Is it becuase you were expecting better than what we got, or just feel middle of the road of these recruits and is what you kind of expected?  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I'm in no way a follower of Recruiting.  So I look to guys like you to provide me your analysis.  It seems like you are not happy with this class of recruits today.  Is it becuase you were expecting better than what we got, or just feel middle of the road of these recruits and is what you kind of expected?  

I was hoping for a few strays...

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was hoping for a few strays...

Ok so you were wanting higher bigger prizes than what we got.....you know that just creates depression as a USF fan.....aren't you use to that by now!  😁

For those disappointed, remember, this is now a secondary signing day. Most of the top targets signed in December and this time around coaches are snagging transfers, or the school they were locked in with fired their coach to close to the early signing day, and filling out their remaining holes.

Translation, there's not many higher than average prospects available and almost none are looking here. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

For those disappointed, remember, this is now a secondary signing day. Most of the top targets signed in December and this time around coaches are snagging transfers, or the school they were locked in with fired their coach to close to the early signing day, and filling out their remaining holes.

Translation, there's not many higher than average prospects available and almost none are looking here. 

Has there been a single day where this staff hasn’t underwhelmed? Sure we got most of our recruits earlier but even with the chance to supplement today we ended up overall below a team without a coach, in the 60’s overall and middle of the pack of the AAC,realy not any different than CCS’ classes and only better than CJS’ first class. At least we can rely on all of that great game planning, game day coaching and player development we saw exhibited last season...

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Has there been a single day where this staff hasn’t underwhelmed? Sure we got most of our recruits earlier but even with the chance to supplement today we ended up overall below a team without a coach, in the 60’s overall and middle of the pack of the AAC,realy not any different than CCS’ classes and only better than CJS’ first class. At least we can rely on all of that great game planning, game day coaching and player development we saw exhibited last season...

Have you ever viewed anything USF related as positive since 2009? 

that's a cute line about UCF, ignores a lot of context but still cute. I can't help you Puc, i'm sorry. I think the only way for you to be happy is to follow Leavitt around so maybe try "Go Mustangs" on, see how it fits. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Jordan Blackmon just tweeted he is on board

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Ridge Jacobs 6’2 QB also coming in