• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Signing Day - Part Deux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Looks like two of the DT commits we had (Hobbs and Williams) will not be signing this year. May be academic issues, but they both tweeted that they will be here in 2022. The only verbal commitment that is still on the board is Jordan Blackmon, a safety. He had some solid offers other than USF, so my fear is he might be an academic casualty for this year's class as well. 

The Williams one is odd. How can you be an academic casualty AND have an offer from 2/3 service academies?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, JTrue said:

The Williams one is odd. How can you be an academic casualty AND have an offer from 2/3 service academies?

I don't know that to be the case, purely speculating. It may also be a numbers game, but I know we can back count up to 5 guys due to 2020's small class, so I don't know. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Looks like two of the DT commits we had (Hobbs and Williams) will not be signing this year. May be academic issues, but they both tweeted that they will be here in 2022. The only verbal commitment that is still on the board is Jordan Blackmon, a safety. He had some solid offers other than USF, so my fear is he might be an academic casualty for this year's class as well. 

Updated the lists on the Recruiting Board and can't find anything about Blackmon either.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Kind of a ****  way to put it, don't ya think? They're going to be working just as hard as everybody else but getting basically nothing in return ....

But it’s the reality. The starters need them to improve. Sure there may be a flyer in there who gets some PT but many will be gone within 2 years. It’s a business. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't know that to be the case, purely speculating. It may also be a numbers game, but I know we can back count up to 5 guys due to 2020's small class, so I don't know. 

I have no idea if his is academic, either. But if the offers from Army and Navy are legit, it can’t be academics.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Haven’t you heard...we are a preeminent university 🤘😀

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

But it’s the reality. The starters need them to improve. Sure there may be a flyer in there who gets some PT but many will be gone within 2 years. It’s a business. 

I think it is great that the Bulls are giving them their moment in the sun. These are kids that have been overlooked throughout high school. I would bet that at least one or two of them make a non-negligible contribution to the team. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Williams re-Tweeted Hobbs, saying "Same here",  who said the reason he wasn't signing until December was because of Covid so not sure what's going on there.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We have a senior logjam at DT, so I think Williams has opted to defer enrollment to make the max out of his possible eligibility. I haven't read anything regarding academic issues with him.

Just now, JTrue said:

I have no idea if his is academic, either. But if the offers from Army and Navy are legit, it can’t be academics.

Maybe with Covid and the challenges it presents in academic he slipped completely in the fall and failed a few classes? Who knows. I just hope he ends up here at some point. Going to have to get some portal help at the DT position.