• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Signing Day - Part Deux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

**** I didn’t even know you could spell the words “I like”...you used the phrase 4/5 times in one post!! I must say I am in shock! Well done! Well done! 👏👏👏

I’ve only been super negative for Skippy, the start of CWT, the rise of KB and now CJS. I like winning and I care about absolutely nothing else, if a coach wants people not to complain about the job they are doing they should try winning every once and a while (it works miracles). 

97F67C8D-0250-472A-9404-DDED70E5B5A7.png

Edited by puc86

Guest Jonesy Bull

I'm interested to know how the Recruiting experts on this board (yes I said experts, and compared to me you all are) feel how we did today.  Did we do as expected, get some surprises, lose some that we shouldn't?

Genuinly interested in overall opinions, don't need full details of each player but overall?

Thanks for your input.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

The Williams one is odd. How can you be an academic casualty AND have an offer from 2/3 service academies?

The Academies have Prep schools where athletes can be sent to work on academics. They have their own athletic teams so It also kinda serves as a red shirt season. Enlisted personnel who get accepted into an academy also get sent there.

2 minutes ago, 84Bull said:

The Academies have Prep schools where athletes can be sent to work on academics. They have their own athletic teams so It also kinda serves as a red shirt season. Enlisted personnel who get accepted into an academy also get sent there.

That’s actually a reasonable and plausible answerburn the witch halloween GIF

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I'm interested to know how the Recruiting experts on this board (yes I said experts, and compared to me you all are) feel how we did today.  Did we do as expected, get some surprises, lose some that we shouldn't?

Genuinly interested in overall opinions, don't need full details of each player but overall?

Thanks for your input.

We pretty much had our class settled going into today...we were in need of landing a legitimate talented big back for the rotation...we missed out on a LSU transfer that went to Utah a week or two ago...however, we landed a 4 star rb out of Colorado Jaren Mangham 6'2 220...was on the Pac 12 all freshman team...we also landed another tall receiver from Baylor Yusef Terry that should compete right away...the only other unknown at this point was a talented safety that had a bunch of p5 offers Jordan Blackmon and signed his LOI today...all in all pretty pleased...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

So, other than Blackmon, Mangham, and Terry, everyone else signed today is a preferred walk on, correct?

Mangham seems like a huge get in an area of need (big bodied back). 

Edited by BullsFanInTX

Guest Jonesy Bull
35 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

We pretty much had our class settled going into today...we were in need of landing a legitimate talented big back for the rotation...we missed out on a LSU transfer that went to Utah a week or two ago...however, we landed a 4 star rb out of Colorado Jaren Mangham 6'2 220...was on the Pac 12 all freshman team...we also landed another tall receiver from Baylor Yusef Terry that should compete right away...the only other unknown at this point was a talented safety that had a bunch of p5 offers Jordan Blackmon and signed his LOI today...all in all pretty pleased...

Thanks DJ!  These sound like really good gets especially potential special skill players on the offensive side of the ball, which is much needed.

Thanks for your input and the update!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

That was a pretty good day. This offense of ours will score points next year. The defense is what we will all be ******** about. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That was a pretty good day. This offense of ours will score points next year. The defense is what we will all be ******** about. 

Rome wasn’t built in a day and if we are winning more and losing less in shoot outs I think that will be directionally correct enough to please most people. Now if we look bad on both sides of the ball again it will be time to at least get rid of tubby kid Doogie Howser and not just the supporting cast.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

36 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

So, other than Blackmon, Mangham, and Terry, everyone else signed today is a preferred walk on, correct?

Mangham seems like a huge get in an area of need (big bodied back). 

Pretty much ...