• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to the Jr Bulls Club?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

When I was in grade school about 15 years ago there was a program called the JR Bulls Club. I think the deal was for any kid grades K-8 and for $25 they would get a ticket to each home game, and I want to say a free soda and popcorn to each game. 

The school probably didn't make that much money directly off it, but for each kid that young going there's likely a parent buying a full priced ticket to take them. Me and a few friends were a part of it growing up and as a result we all grew up USF fans over the Big 3. Because when your that age going to a game in person with your friends against UAB/Memphis/Whoever is more entertaining than watching an SEC game on TV at home. Would think it would be a good idea to bring it back as we aren't selling out anyway and this would just grow the fanbase. I got accepted into FSU/UF/UCF and chose USF over all of them because going to USF games growing up made me such a big USF fan I couldn't see myself at any other school.

All I can find is this page from 2005: 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Rocky's Rookies

I'm not sure why the link won't work right, but this is it.  It is now called Rocky's Rookies

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

49 minutes ago, bulloni said:

When I was in grade school about 15 years ago there was a program called the JR Bulls Club. I think the deal was for any kid grades K-8 and for $25 they would get a ticket to each home game, and I want to say a free soda and popcorn to each game. 

The school probably didn't make that much money directly off it, but for each kid that young going there's likely a parent buying a full priced ticket to take them. Me and a few friends were a part of it growing up and as a result we all grew up USF fans over the Big 3. Because when your that age going to a game in person with your friends against UAB/Memphis/Whoever is more entertaining than watching an SEC game on TV at home. Would think it would be a good idea to bring it back as we aren't selling out anyway and this would just grow the fanbase. I got accepted into FSU/UF/UCF and chose USF over all of them because going to USF games growing up made me such a big USF fan I couldn't see myself at any other school.

That was in the age of the 1AA. When we joined The Big East the free tickets went away. It was a great promotion because for the price of a ticket our daughter could bring a friend. I also remember when it ended it essentially made us buy another season ticket because bringing a friend was now our daughters thing.

Oh how I long for the good ol' days.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Now, free ticket for everything but football plus some other goodies

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Rocky's Rookies

I'm not sure why the link won't work right, but this is it.  It is now called Rocky's Rookies

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/2019/8/1/rockys-rookies.aspx

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Now, free ticket for everything but football plus some other goodies

Had our older grandson in it.  It was a pain for basketball.  Couldn't get the tickets ahead of time and had to go to one particular ticket window and do it each game.  We may try it again next year (21-22).

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,078
  • Days Won:  2

I heard this is what Santa gives to all of the kids on the naughty list...unconfirmed though.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 12/14/2020 at 7:09 AM, bulloni said:

Young'un!...were dam glad you chose USF            GO BULL'S    🤘