• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wonder what this would mean for us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And the answer to my question about how many from those "high rankings" were available this whole year?

And the answer to how many were available on every other team that we faced is? If you do the other 9 teams I will gladly redo ours but to simply remove ours and then assume everyone else stayed constant is disingenuous at best and is simply trying to find the answer you are hoping for (trust me I am an expert on this). 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And the answer to how many were available on every other team that we faced is? If you do the other 9 teams I will gladly redo ours but to simply remove ours and then assume everyone else stayed constant is disingenuous at best and is simply trying to find the answer you are hoping for (trust me I am an expert on this). 

Expert? Says the guy who secretly hopes no coach produces so he can maintain his JL...we all know your agenda sport...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Amazing how you use the number to manipulate. Again if you are going to use that model you will need to subtract those players who left as they had no impact. Further, I would be more interested if your numbers produce statistical significance differences (t-test). I suspect they do not so the reality is that this whole process is moot. Talent coming in is not the same as talent that is produced. Still, I am not buying that this team has top three talent as I am sure 99% of the fans will attest to. 

No you are trying to manipulate the numbers but not trying to do so equitably. I am assuming that injuries, defections and covid shines on the just and the unjust alike and if you are not going to go account for it for everyone there is no reason to think you should simply for USF because you are more familiar with our trials and tribulations and it better fits the narrative of how no one could win a single game in the AAC with these players. This year was a failure but that it was the worst we have ever seen has as much to do with the coaches as it does with the players and the litany of excuses. It is easy to come up with the million reasons why you should fail and it is not your fault but time is better served by trying to come up with at least one way to not fail every once and a while.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Expert? Says the guy who secretly hopes no coach produces at a level to overtake his precision CL...we all know your agenda sport...

I do not think you are reading the exchange correctly unless you meant to say Expert! and are agreeing with me.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

No you are trying to manipulate the numbers but not trying to do so equitably. I am assuming that injuries, defections and covid shines on the just and the unjust alike and if you are not going to go account for it for everyone there is no reason to think you should simply for USF because you are more familiar with our trials and tribulations and it better fits the narrative of how no one could win a single game in the AAC with these players. This year was a failure but that it was the worst we have ever seen has as much to do with the coaches as it does with the players and the litany of excuses. It is easy to come up with the million reasons why you should fail and it is not your fault but time is better served by trying to come up with at least one way to not fail every once and a while.

But injuries and extractions ARE NOT all alike. That is a false statement. Some teams are more impacted more than others especially if the timeline is as short as five years. You are the one with the agenda and we all know what that is.   

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

But injuries and extractions ARE NOT all alike. That is a false statement. Some teams are more impacted more than others especially if the timeline is as short as five years. You are the one with the agenda and we all know what that is.   

The longer the time frame the more equalized variables would be, how would you suggest is a fair way to measure how much more USF has been negatively impacted by all negative factors that could impact a class than every single other team in the AAC?

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The longer the time frame the more equalized variables would be, how would you suggest is a fair way to measure how much more USF has been negatively impacted by all negative factors that could impact a class than every single other team in the AAC?

Correct and we are only looking at four years (a short time frame) so the variables are less likely to be equalized. But anyone who follows college football knows those variables are there and not consistent across programs. Because your model cannot incorporate this fact it makes it invalid.

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Correct and we are only looking at four years (a short time frame) so the variables are less likely to be equalized. But anyone who follows college football knows those variables are there and not consistent across programs. Because your model cannot incorporate this fact it makes it invalid.

I think that there has to be some evidence that we were more severely impacted has to be presented for it to be invalid. Your assumption has to require us to believe that we are simply the least luckiest team in the aac and I just quite simply do not believe in luck. We got better players than most of the conference (even if I grant you looking at it exclusively from 24/7 and only using the mode it still shows we started off with better players) and that is prima facie evidence that our players should not be the reason to not be able to win a single game against our conference mates. I get that some people leave, I get that some people get hurt and I get that some people have to quarantine but there is no way that you honestly believe that is happening at a 10x rate here than any other team team in the conference. Someone started a thread on Milton the other day, he was the heart and soul of that program and we literally watched his leg get detached from his body in front of our very eyes and yet they marched on, king was a world beater at Houston and he left for Miami, other teams had to cancel multiple games for Covid and they recovered. We absolutely had our fair share of problems but they are only more glaring to us because we follow this program and our return on players we recruited at a higher level than most have been spoiled by the level of coaching that leads to termination.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

47 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So what you're saying is that these numbers are pretty useless considering all the variables that aren't taken into consideration ..... like the purge CCS had before his last year.

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So what you're saying is that these numbers are pretty useless considering all the variables that aren't taken into consideration ..... like the purge CCS had before his last year.

I would not say that I would say that things as significant have impacted other programs as well and since we started with a higher baseline someone would need to quantify how much more we have been negatively impacted to take us from the top half to dead last.