• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wonder what this would mean for us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Uhhh why would we arbitrarily draw the line at just G5 and P5 I have been told there are lower places than being in the AAC, I think it is just an old wives tale to make us feel better about being at the bottom, so why would it only be fair to move from random G5 conference to a random P5 conference and not from FCS to FBS and SunBelt to AAC?

Why draw the line there? Why not? That’s a greater demarcation than the conferences in the G5 (although some are better than others). No one is calling for an entire conference to move. This year UC could easy pass 1/3 of the P5 teams. Of course why would the P5 agree to this? There is absolutely nothing in it for them. But it does show the joke of the P5 that most these teams are just lucky they started football before many teams. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Why draw the line there? Why not? That’s a greater demarcation than the conferences in the G5 (although some are better than others). No one is calling for an entire conference to move. This year UC could easy pass 1/3 of the P5 teams. Of course why would the P5 agree to this? There is absolutely nothing in it for them. But it does show the joke of the P5 that most these teams are just lucky they started football before many teams. 

I know no one is calling for entire conferences to move but it’s an absurdly disingenuous argument to say you should be willing to lose everything to me while I should only be able to benefit without risking anything. There are teams in the bottom of the G5 that would be just as happy moving up to the middle as we would be to move to the p5 and there are FCS teams that would gladly take an all expense paid trip to the FBS if they get to settle into a conference right off of the bat. If the argument is equality of a meritocracy than everyone should have some skin in the game that they are risking not just the people at the very top of the pyramid.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I know no one is calling for entire conferences to move but it’s an absurdly disingenuous argument to say you should be willing to lose everything to me while I should only be able to benefit without risking anything. There are teams in the bottom of the G5 that would be just as happy moving up to the middle as we would be to move to the p5 and there are FCS teams that would gladly take an all expense paid trip to the FBS if they get to settle into a conference right off of the bat. If the argument is equality of a meritocracy than everyone should have some skin in the game that they are risking not just the people at the very top of the pyramid.

As of right now, there’s no penalty for sucking in the power 5. What do Rutgers actually offer the Big 10 besides academics?

Just now, Peatearpan said:

As of right now, there’s no penalty for sucking in the power 5. What do Rutgers actually offer the Big 10 besides academics?

Money, alumni, New York and New Jersey markets, history, geographic proximity, an easy in conference win...

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Money, alumni, New York and New Jersey markets, history, geographic proximity, an easy in conference win...

I guess my focus was too narrow, I completely didn’t even consider those options. The tv market alone is what brought them in.

A Houston promoted into the ACC brings new eyeballs and a new market too, sports are competitive enough (currently), and the conference gets exposure to recruits in Texas.

But yea, I can agree with you that a pro-rel set up is a pipe dream at best. 

6 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I guess my focus was too narrow, I completely didn’t even consider those options. The tv market alone is what brought them in.

A Houston promoted into the ACC brings new eyeballs and a new market too, sports are competitive enough (currently), and the conference gets exposure to recruits in Texas.

But yea, I can agree with you that a pro-rel set up is a pipe dream at best. 

Of all the things that lead to expansion winning is not in the top 10, if it were Boise would be in and we would have been in over Syracuse who we dominated. Houston would probably be an attractive option if they werent the 20th most popular team in Texas. If you want to be in the P5 the recipe is pretty simple, bring in more money than you take out but to think P5 teams should be punished financially for not being competitive on  the field is a pretty absurd one when clearly there is no punishment for not being able to compete in the AAC. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

32 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That's like saying USF is in the Tampa market.  Who cares?  No one up there watches Rutgers football.  Growing up 30 minutes south of that school the only Rutgers sports I can remember is their basketball team making the final four in 1977, I believe.  That and Imus getting fired over his comments of the WBB team.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

That's like saying USF is in the Tampa market.  Who cares?  No one up there watches Rutgers football.  Growing up 30 minutes south of that school the only Rutgers sports I can remember is their basketball team making the final four in 1977, I believe.  That and Imus getting fired over his comments of the WBB team.

It is still the great hope and no saying the Tampa market and saying the New York/New Jersey Markey are not even close to saying the same thing, the potential of the greatest market will make people take some gambles they would otherwise not. Put Syracuse and Rutgers in any other place on earth and neither school gets in. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I gave a few already, King transfering, MM having his leg removed from his body, Covid shutting down other programs as well the list is as endless for other teams as it is for us what is different is the results. 

smh ..... The lengths you're going to to **** on CJS is beyond laughable and those 2 examples you've given are perfect examples. Both those programs had qb's to take over for their missing ones that would have been starting here from day one. Stick to the UTSA example of CJS's "incompetence". It's the only one that doesn't make you sound bat **** crazy.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

smh ..... The lengths you're going to to **** on CJS is beyond laughable and those 2 examples you've given are perfect examples. Both those programs had qb's to take over for their missing ones that would have been starting here from day one. Stick to the UTSA example of CJS's "incompetence". It's the only one that doesn't make you sound bat **** crazy.

Dude is so protective of you know who it is comical. Always looking backward...sad way to live but to each his own...