• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wonder what this would mean for us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Friscobull said:

Like you said earlier, why would any P5 team agree to this, never going to happen, better chance of us winning  the National Championship in Football next year.  

Yep, you are correct. It would take a government intervention with the military involved. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep, you are correct. It would take a government intervention with the military involved. 

I hope the Rona takes out the college football playoffs this year, **** the NCAA!

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,506
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why would it not be a good idea? If a P5 teams does poorly they go to the Sun Belt and the next best G5 team moves up. You are not one of those dreamers who actually thinks the P5 is going to expand with a G5 team are you? That **** ain’t happening.

That essentially was my idea. Have a P5 match with a G5 conference. Worst team moves down, best team moves up. Only problem would be is how to figure out the pay contracts. I cannot figure out a scheme for that.

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I hope the Rona takes out the college football playoffs this year, **** the NCAA!

Absolutely...I like bringing people down to our misery...it’s those things that makes it all bearable. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why would it not be a good idea? If a P5 teams does poorly they go to the Sun Belt and the next best G5 team moves up. You are not one of those dreamers who actually thinks the P5 is going to expand with a G5 team are you? That **** ain’t happening.

Because we would be moving down and not up and I have no reason to believe our current trajectory has a move up looking like it would be happening anytime soon. I also do not understand why anyone thinks moving up or down has ever or should ever have anything to do with winning. College football is a business and if you would generate more money for the business you will move up and if you don’t you will stay right where you belong. If you want into the P5 it’s actually quite simple be a valuable team and it isn’t anyone’s responsibility to sacrifice their value to generate your value simply because you think it’s more “fair” to have them do so based upon the results of 12 games a year played by college kids, that’s not how you make billion dollar decisions anymore than by flipping a coin.

6 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

That essentially was my idea. Have a P5 match with a G5 conference. Worst team moves down, best team moves up. Only problem would be is how to figure out the pay contracts. I cannot figure out a scheme for that.

And you never will because it makes no sense for someone to risk everything in order to gain absolutely nothing in order for everyone to lose more money by bringing in a less valuable team.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because we would be moving down and not up and I have no reason to believe our current trajectory has a move up looking like it would be happening anytime soon. I also do not understand why anyone thinks moving up or down has ever or should ever have anything to do with winning. College football is a business and if you would generate more money for the business you will move up and if you don’t you will stay right where you belong. If you want into the P5 it’s actually quite simple be a valuable team and it isn’t anyone’s responsibility to sacrifice their value to generate your value simply because you think it’s more “fair” to have them do so based upon the results of 12 games a year played by college kids, that’s not how you make billion dollar decisions anymore than by flipping a coin.

Uhhh...we are G5 we can’t go any lower. It’s funny how you are always protecting “college kids”...these guys are not kids they are playing for themselves first and foremost. They get over $100k in services covered and a stipend. If they can’t take the heat then they can get the **** out. Yes, 12 games is plenty for KU to go to the sun belt for a year. Now I agree financially and reality wise it won’t happen as I have already stated in three previous posts. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,506
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And you never will because it makes no sense for someone to risk everything in order to gain absolutely nothing in order for everyone to lose more money by bringing in a less valuable team.

I think it would give the upper echelon better Strength of Schedule, closer games, more eyeballs on the product.

I think it would give the lower echelon an opportunity to get those better recruits, “if I go with USF we can move up part way through, and maybe compete for a national championship when I am a senior”, it would get them more possibly more money.

You would just have to figure out a pay structure, and convince the P5 that it’s somehow a good idea for them to risk traditional school moving down.

I know it will never happen, but sometimes getting creative creates a better product.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Uhhh...we are G5 we can’t go any lower. It’s funny how you are always protecting “college kids”...these guys are not kids they are playing for themselves first and foremost. They get over $100k in services covered and a stipend. If they can’t take the heat then they can get the **** out. Yes, 12 games is plenty for KU to go to the sun belt for a year. Now I agree financially and reality wise it won’t happen as I have already stated in three previous posts. 

Uhhh why would we arbitrarily draw the line at just G5 and P5 I have been told there are lower places than being in the AAC, I think it is just an old wives tale to make us feel better about being at the bottom, so why would it only be fair to move from random G5 conference to a random P5 conference and not from FCS to FBS and SunBelt to AAC?

10 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I think it would give the upper echelon better Strength of Schedule, closer games, more eyeballs on the product.

I think it would give the lower echelon an opportunity to get those better recruits, “if I go with USF we can move up part way through, and maybe compete for a national championship when I am a senior”, it would get them more possibly more money.

You would just have to figure out a pay structure, and convince the P5 that it’s somehow a good idea for them to risk traditional school moving down.

I know it will never happen, but sometimes getting creative creates a better product.

Why would the upper echelon want a better SOS and closer games? And if there was a team in G5 that brought in a measurable amount of eyeballs they would not be in the G5 anymore.