• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCloud = hopelessness...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 11/14/2020 at 5:15 PM, Rex Havoc said:

This is 100% on CJS. I have hopes he can turn our team around, but I’m starting to doubt it. 

This team has 4 QBs and three of them are injured or out.  It is his fault that McCloud is the only QB left?  That is absurd.

By the way, McCloud is a great kid.  Would love to see him move to another position next year.  He has been jerked in and out of the lineup, pretty clear he isn't the future here, and he always jumps in with both feet and keeps talking to other players even when he is out of the game.  We could use more guys like him.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

This team has 4 QBs and three of them are injured or out.  It is his fault that McCloud is the only QB left?  That is absurd.

By the way, McCloud is a great kid.  Would love to see him move to another position next year.  He has been jerked in and out of the lineup, pretty clear he isn't the future here, and he always jumps in with both feet and keeps talking to other players even when he is out of the game.  We could use more guys like him.

McCloud is a fantastic kid, but everyone else is 100% correct. He is just not a good enough QB to be playing at the D1 level. We lack talent everywhere except RB, but at this point it's clear and he shouldn't play another down as QB for USF past 2020. IMO he shouldn't play another down of football for USF in 2020, but I get it with limited rosters due to players unavailable. If Jordan Smith/Marsh are healthy and availalbe they should be playing. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

McCloud is a fantastic kid, but everyone else is 100% correct. He is just not a good enough QB to be playing at the D1 level. We lack talent everywhere except RB, but at this point it's clear and he shouldn't play another down as QB for USF past 2020. IMO he shouldn't play another down of football for USF in 2020, but I get it with limited rosters due to players unavailable. If Jordan Smith/Marsh are healthy and availalbe they should be playing. 

He is bad, and I can’t see him at another position as he is too small and not that quick. I suspect he will announce his transfer by Feb. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He is bad, and I can’t see him at another position as he is too small and not that quick. I suspect he will announce his transfer by Feb. 

And yet our coaching staff through no fault of their own had him pegged as the starter for most of the season.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, Sk00b said:

His pocket presence is terrible. Doesn't know how/when to throw it away.  No arm and can't hit open receivers. However, our O-Line doesnt help. I also feel bad for him. He's doing his best with what he's got...

Can't say he hasn't been given his chances to show what he has or...doesn't have. He is another qb that prob should transfer down a level and go excel. 

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And yet our coaching staff through no fault of their own had him pegged as the starter for most of the season.

Their evaluation time was reduced to four weeks. Further, he may have clearly outplayed the others as they too did not get better (or understand the playbook) in such a short period of time. Coaches can’t predict the future. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Their evaluation time was reduced to four weeks. Further, he may have clearly outplayed the others as they too did not get better (or understand the playbook) in such a short period of time. Coaches can’t predict the future. 

And yet somehow you have 

Marsh?  Give him credit he stands in the pocket looks for receivers, doesn't break and run immediately. Thing is...2 games and hurt in both games?? 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

And yet somehow you have 

Just stating facts...don’t see any prediction to my post to you. It must suck to be a hater...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

CCS was so lazy in his recruiting that he took the best local QB that wanted to come here and said "you're the QB".

CCS anointed Barnett but..he turned out to be a mike white