• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

James Blackman to transfer.... Who you give him a shot at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

If i'm CJS, if not Blackman, I would look for a QB that has played P5 football. In today's college football coaches are on a short least. He can get a 2 years out of Blackman and go get a few high school qb's.  If not, he will be shown the door after year 3 or 4. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

Blackman can follow Taggart to FSU, buddy is trash

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, The LCRR said:

If i'm CJS, if not Blackman, I would look for a QB that has played P5 football. In today's college football coaches are on a short least. He can get a 2 years out of Blackman and go get a few high school qb's.  If not, he will be shown the door after year 3 or 4. 

This fact is overrated.  The middle and bottom of the ACC isn't any better than the AAC.  This is a fact, our top teams would roll a lot of ACC teams.  Jeff Scott has actually said that several times.  Getting someone's castoff isn't always the answer.  What has Blackman ever done that would make you believe he would be any better than any QB on our roster.  Be a mediocre at best, and overall losing QB in the ACC?  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

This fact is overrated.  The middle and bottom of the ACC isn't any better than the AAC.  This is a fact, our top teams would roll a lot of ACC teams.  Jeff Scott has actually said that several times.  Getting someone's castoff isn't always the answer.  What has Blackman ever done that would make you believe he would be any better than any QB on our roster.  Be a mediocre at best, and overall losing QB in the ACC?  

This is 100% NOT fact ..... 

5 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I guess you have not watched games over the last 3 seasons here. The QB room is among the worst in the country. One thing I can say with certainty is that if I was CJS is that my future success will not be hung on any QB on this roster. Maybe Rodemaker leaves FSU, but he will have to find some P5 talent to infuse with his recruits. He knows the culture is horrible and will have to do something to ignite this program. 

14 minutes ago, The LCRR said:

I guess you have not watched games over the last 3 seasons here. The QB room is among the worst in the country. One thing I can say with certainty is that if I was CJS is that my future success will not be hung on any QB on this roster. Maybe Rodemaker leaves FSU, but he will have to find some P5 talent to infuse with his recruits. He knows the culture is horrible and will have to do something to ignite this program. 

I guess you didn't realize that Blackman has lost every game he's played this year, and his QB rating is atrocious.  Worse than McCloud by far.  

No thanks.

I'm all for bringing in QB talent, but Blackman isn't the answer. 

22 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

This is 100% NOT fact ..... 

It is a fact.  Our teams have won many bowl games vs. ACC teams.  Teams like UCF and Cincinnati have steamrolled ACC teams in out of conference play in recent years.  Have you taken a look at Syracuse this year.  There are a lot of poor teams in the ACC. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I guess you didn't realize that Blackman has lost every game he's played this year, and his QB rating is atrocious.  Worse than McCloud by far.  

No thanks.

I'm all for bringing in QB talent, but Blackman isn't the answer. 

And this is why I believe that this portal crap is not some magical answer to our problems. Yes, I know SMU has done well with this strategy but we all need to keep in mind that these players are leaving their university for a reason...many times it was due to the fact they were not good enough. Now will that translate to doing better here? Maybe, but we need to be very judicious in selecting these players. I personally would not want any more than five of them for next year.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

So if CJS can't win more than 5 games in year 3, would you want him gone too?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Yes lete get a mediocre qb from a bad FSU. Nope pass.

More likely would take the UCF qb forget name that's entering portal.

Edited by Bulls On Parade