• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What would you like to talk about?

Our glorious past when CJL walked among us.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, lotsofbull99 said:

Our glorious past when CJL walked among us.

Season 5 Yes GIF by CBS All Access

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And right now there's not ..... so if you don't him fired, what's your end game with this? It's getting really old ....

43 minutes ago, puc86 said:

IDK that I have one

There's a fine line between loquacious and someone who "talks" just to hear themselves "talk". I think you're trending towards the latter ....

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There's a fine line between loquacious and someone who "talks" just to hear themselves "talk". I think you're trending towards the latter ....

Fair enough but I think I’m just trying to bring balance to the turnaround conversation because increasingly it is appearing the turnaround emperor has no clothes even if others are afraid to say it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

They are more similar than they are different and whatever small differences that may exist should not account for a .350 difference in results, yet here we are. 

Jeff Traylor is 15-20 years older and was a HC albeit in HS for 15 years, he is way more experienced than our guy who was a HC one year in HS and has never called plays at any other time in his career.  Not sure he called it the one year he won a state title in a town with 1 k population, translate he probably had one guy more athletic and faster than everybody else and he ran the ball for 70 touchdowns that year.  He was not ready for this job and we can only hope he is a quick study, fingers and toes are crossed, initial indications are not positive but still inconclusive.  Hell I am just happy we have a kicker.  

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Jeff Traylor is 15-20 years older and was a HC albeit in HS for 15 years, he is way more experienced than our guy who was a HC one year in HS and has never called plays at any other time in his career.  Not sure he called it the one year he won a state title in a town with 1 k population, translate he probably had one guy more athletic and faster than everybody else and he ran the ball for 70 touchdowns that year.  He was not ready for this job and we can only hope he is a quick study, fingers and toes are crossed, initial indications are not positive but still inconclusive.  Hell I am just happy we have a kicker.  

Sorry I should have been more clear the situations besides the results and the coaches are about as similar as we are going to find which is what draws me to the conclusion that CJS is playing an active part in his failing season. As you point out he is pretty green so we can hope that he will improve as he goes but I am past ready to see some of that improvement and I do not accept that it is all CCS’ fault and it cannot be solved for three more years.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

59 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Sorry I should have been more clear the situations besides the results and the coaches are about as similar as we are going to find which is what draws me to the conclusion that CJS is playing an active part in his failing season. As you point out he is pretty green so we can hope that he will improve as he goes but I am past ready to see some of that improvement and I do not accept that it is all CCS’ fault and it cannot be solved for three more years.

You were clear, our guy was a coaches kid with connections, he never really ran the show and it takes more than BS coach speak, cliches and so called southern charm to run a program successfully.  He is taking his lumps and has been a huge disappointment.  I am not throwing in the towel but find it hard to understand how anyone can say they are happy with his progress thus far.  He has come in and made a bad team much worse, CCS set the bar low and he has somehow managed to limbo under it.  I realize it takes time to build a program however he has done nothing thus far to show he is capable of completing this task.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You were clear, our guy was a coaches kid with connections, he never really ran the show and it takes more than BS coach speak, cliches and so called southern charm to run a program successfully.  He is taking his lumps and has been a huge disappointment.  I am not throwing in the towel but find it hard to understand how anyone can say they are happy with his progress thus far.  He has come in and made a bad team much worse, CCS set the bar low and he has somehow managed to limbo under it.  I realize it takes time to build a program however he has done nothing thus far to show he is capable of completing this task.

Not even a particularly good coach’ son which could have perhaps given people hope on Skip.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

People on this board

ss15 GIF

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

People on this board