• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You are coach for a day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Didn’t CJS say he didn’t want to bring in transfers and only was doing it under protest? You can’t hire corporate people for a start up or mom and pop shop the strategies and expectations are completely out of sync.

I would think you have to sprinkle something in there because sweet Christ it's bad.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Mango028 said:

We will be 1-9 this year. We have the worst skillset in the conference. It is terrible to admit but we do not belong in this conference at the moment. We have to really recruit our butt off for next 3-4 years to see a difference down the road. I thought we would turn the page and get back to 4-8,5-7 next year but we dont have any size/strength on either front to compete with anyone. 

If we recruited our butt off for a single year we would have more talent than 75% of the conference our problems are deeper than the players on the roster and anyone that thinks they need an entire roster of the best players in the conference to just be competitive just isn’t going to ever get it done.

If we recruited our butt off for a single year we would have more talent than 75% of the conference our problems are deeper than the players on the roster and anyone that thinks they need an entire roster of the best players in the conference to just be competitive just isn’t going to ever get it done.

We need the elusive "his guys" that all coaches need in the 3 year grace period

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I would think you have to sprinkle something in there because sweet Christ it's bad.

We have more talent on paper than half the teams we play, even CCS and KB could get more out of them everyone can pretend that we are on the verge of a turnaround but we have not displayed a single thing that anyone can even pretend is actually a positive. We hired a guy that stated his plan was to not bring in transfers just like Clemson that’s one of the millions of clues that we did not hire for the position that was actually available.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

1. Fire Weis and implement a permanent 1 back, 4 receiver spread formation 

2. JUCO, JUCO, JUCO

3. Noah Johnson - don’t call any formal plays, just let him improvise and see what happens (the result can’t be any worse and it would probably by pretty darn entertaining to watch)

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We need the elusive "his guys" that all coaches need in the 3 year grace period

Most people with a three year plan get fired, we need a coach that can actually coach the players on the roster and make continuous improvement not one that can drive us further into the ground with the promise that we miracle our way to progress in year three. This should be a path and every day there is incremental progress, we aren’t building and arch that can’t accomplish a single achievement until the keystone is dropped in place.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m not saying another qb/coach and a air raid attack couldnt take this team and produce more excitement and have us scoring 40 a game and losing. Hell I’d like to see that over this. 

But we don’t have the talent and its obvious. It’s not enough to say we live in florida...We don’t need the best players on the planet but we do need talent and we do not have it right now minus the rb’s. i’m reserving to judge the coaches just yet but it’s getting close to calling out the play calling and scheme because it’s miserable.

our goals should be very simple even though it wont be simple but recruit offensive linemen and defensive linemen until we have the skill and size up front to win with ****** players! We can get enough scraps and succeed at the skill positions offensively. Bottom line were getting manhandled and what skill or speed we do have is irrelevent. 

Most people with a three year plan get fired, we need a coach that can actually coach the players on the roster and make continuous improvement not one that can drive us further into the ground with the promise that we miracle our way to progress in year three. This should be a path and every day there is incremental progress, we aren’t building and arch that can’t accomplish a single achievement until the keystone is dropped in place.

I am not seeing progress yet.  I also called that Temple was just a bad team based on the mistakes they were making.

I'm not seeing the talent you are talking about really anywhere.  When KJ ran the punt back I knew we had no chance of scoring at the 6 lol!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

I actually agree. 

If we were a big established program we could afford the 1 step back to take 2 forward approach. 

When you have a thin donor base, attendance issues, and a bare cupboard, the step back could be the step off the cliff.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We have more talent on paper than half the teams we play, even CCS and KB could get more out of them everyone can pretend that we are on the verge of a turnaround but we have not displayed a single thing that anyone can even pretend is actually a positive. We hired a guy that stated his plan was to not bring in transfers just like Clemson that’s one of the millions of clues that we did not hire for the position that was actually available.

My thinking is Scott said that believing he could actually come in and be at about a 4 or 5 win team. I think he felt he was a season or 2 away. Looks like we are 4 or 5 years away with the personnel we have size and experience wise. 

We need size at certain positions immediately. Only way is through transfers.