• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You are coach for a day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

His dad was a bust as a HC and it appears like father like son.

6 games with ****** talent and now he is called a bust...SMFH....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

**** him and **** you too 😀

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know it is early but he has looked spectacularly awful in the first half of the season.  Yes we need players but he certainly has not shown us anything to get excited about.

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I know it is early but he has looked spectacularly awful in the first half of the season.  Yes we need players but he certainly has not shown us anything to get excited about.

Hard to have one without the other. From the 22 starters 6 are worthy of playing next year. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hard to have one without the other. From the 22 starters 6 are worthy of playing next year. 

Agreed, but sometimes we make do with what we have.  Many of us have taken over a struggling unit and realize it takes time to right the ship.  However You would think we would have seen at least a glimmer of hope by now and he would not have come in and had the team look much worse than the prior year that got his predecessor canned. This team looks worse than their talent indicates it should which is quite a feat.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Agreed, but sometimes we make do with what we have.  Many of us have taken over a struggling unit and realize it takes time to right the ship.  However You would think we would have seen at least a glimmer of hope by now and he would not have come in and had the team look much worse than the prior year that got his predecessor canned. This team looks worse than their talent indicates it should which is quite a feat.

Not sure I am buying that. This team would lose to 1/3 of the programs on the FCS level. I found this to be interesting:

What should have been the redshirt seniors this year, which was Taggart's last class? Only 3 of those 16 guys are still on the roster (RG Michael Wiggs, WR Devontres Dukes and CB Mike Hampton). Charlie Strong's first class in 2017 (seniors or redshirt juniors)? Only 11 of those guys are on the roster (WR Bryce Miller, RG Jean Marcellus, S Nick Roberts (who walked off the field last night in the middle of the game and I suspect is either in the doghouse or about to be kicked off the team), LG Demetris Harris, S Bentlee Sanders, WR Randall St. Felix, DE Darrien Grant, S Mekhi LaPointe, NT Kevin Kegler, LB Andrew Mims and NT Kelvin Pinkney). 14 guys out of what should have been two classes worth of the team leaders, recruited off of consecutive 10+ win teams. It's just pathetic how much Taggart had checked out that last year, and how little Strong did with recruiting. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

If I'm coach for the day I start with tackling drills.

They showed a video to start the 4th quarter. In it they showed tackling rolling donut. I was taught that you drive with your head across the front of the ball carriers body. That video and this one shows why there are so many YACs. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

His dad was a bust as a HC and it appears like father like son.

ridiculous statement

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

he has to rebuilt the program which will take years

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure I am buying that. This team would lose to 1/3 of the programs on the FCS level. I found this to be interesting:

What should have been the redshirt seniors this year, which was Taggart's last class? Only 3 of those 16 guys are still on the roster (RG Michael Wiggs, WR Devontres Dukes and CB Mike Hampton). Charlie Strong's first class in 2017 (seniors or redshirt juniors)? Only 11 of those guys are on the roster (WR Bryce Miller, RG Jean Marcellus, S Nick Roberts (who walked off the field last night in the middle of the game and I suspect is either in the doghouse or about to be kicked off the team), LG Demetris Harris, S Bentlee Sanders, WR Randall St. Felix, DE Darrien Grant, S Mekhi LaPointe, NT Kevin Kegler, LB Andrew Mims and NT Kelvin Pinkney). 14 guys out of what should have been two classes worth of the team leaders, recruited off of consecutive 10+ win teams. It's just pathetic how much Taggart had checked out that last year, and how little Strong did with recruiting. 

It is pretty dishonest to point at Taggart and say wow he didnt recruit well at the end because none of those players are leaders now. Development is a huge part of being a coach, and CCS didnt develop one player. 

• Upvote 2