• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It seems like McCloud will get the keys

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

You also bet that the NHL would have record playoff ratings this year, no got no cred bro, still going with Fortin but hoping Noah.

Yeah at least I had the balls to say I was wrong unlike most of the gutless wonders on this board. I’ll keep to my position on McCloud until one of the other transfers shows something. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thus, why I said “for the first game.” His experience is greater than the others and this was probably the difference. I still bet he will win the job. 

His experience isn't greater than Johnson's 

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

His experience isn't greater than Johnson's 

True but it was with SWAC competition I forgot to count it. I suspect he has adjusted to the difference by now. Will be interesting to see how he plays. Between the two transfers I would like to see him more as he does have escapeability. Would like to see him specifically in the red zone.  

8 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I'm not saying the other two QB's will be any better, but I did see McCloud play alot last year and the kid couldn't protect himself of the football field. When he was able to play he showed limited abilities. So, unless his measurables - most notably his arm strength - have changed, I'm not high on him at all.

15 extra pounds is great in that he may be able to take more hits and stay on the field, but unless it translates into a stronger arm, or that he has grown a couple of inches, I don't know that it means much at all. I've seen kickers with a better football body than this kid.

And McCloud could suck ass and play terrible...my only point is that I would like to see what he does with better coaching. Saturday might not tell us nothing in the QB derby and we will have to wait against ND. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,731
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Very sad to see some of the negativity in this thread. 

Could it be as simple as the new offense that we will run is more suited for Jordan than what we were trying to run last season?

44 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

With all due respect,  I'm not sure why it is considered sad or negative for fans to be discussing the starting QB situation.  I'd say it would be sadder if no one cared at all.

And of course it could be that simple.

He didn't really disparage the discussion of the starting QB situation but the negativity ..... which I'm sure was a contracted word from negative and stupidity ..... of which there have been examples in this thread.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, 94 Bull said:

McCloud is not durable...he's a Glass Jaw... 

glass joe.png

Edited by DJBulls
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

41 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

With all due respect,  I'm not sure why it is considered sad or negative for fans to be discussing the starting QB situation.  I'd say it would be sadder if no one cared at all.

And of course it could be that simple.

I know that everyone here cares and is so passionate about the program. I'll never dispute that.

I think everyone here knows that Jordan played most of the season injured and probably shouldn't have played some games (Navy for one) with how badly he was hurt. I admire what he went through and seeing him stand in the pocket and take that shot against BYU on Wilcox's TD showed how tough he is. 

I still believe that Jordan was running an offense that was not tailored to him last season and that is why there were growing pains. Coach Weis' offense seems to suit Jordan more and I would trust what the coaches say as to who they believe gives us the best chance to win games.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I know that everyone here cares and is so passionate about the program. I'll never dispute that.

I think everyone here knows that Jordan played most of the season injured and probably shouldn't have played some games (Navy for one) with how badly he was hurt. I admire what he went through and seeing him stand in the pocket and take that shot against BYU on Wilcox's TD showed how tough he is. 

I still believe that Jordan was running an offense that was not tailored to him last season and that is why there were growing pains. Coach Weis' offense seems to suit Jordan more and I would trust what the coaches say as to who they believe gives us the best chance to win games.

Thank you! 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

McCloud is NOT Flowers. There are an extremely few qb's that could excel/survive playing behind last years o-line. Gaining weight and working to improve on the things he knows he has to in the off season speaks volumes to me. There are a ton of drills that can absolutely strengthen his arm.

Also, coaching is huge in developing a young guy.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He didn't really disparage the discussion of the starting QB situation but the negativity ..... which I'm sure was a contracted word from negative and stupidity ..... of which there have been examples in this thread.

I get it, consider the source, but I think questioning some things is reasonable