• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It seems like McCloud will get the keys

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

So was Sam Howell

Who was also a 4 star kid recruited nationally with expectations two compete for a job right away. McCloud was always a kid you wanted to develop for 2-3 before putting him out there. He's only played QB a handful of years. Also, Asianti Woulard wws chased off by all everything Josh Rosen. It didn't mean a thing once he got here. It's not about who beats you out it's about who you are as a QB and Johnson and Fortin are currently guys that can't beat McCloud out. CJS even mentioned he was starting to see separation in the QB battle. All 3 will get snaps this weekend so let's see who does the most with them while Citadel has its starters in. It's not some wild theory that a kid (especially a freshman) can make tremendous strides over an off season 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

It is a bit crazy to write McCloud off after a redshirt freshman year behind a leaky offensive line when he didn't even enter the season as the starter. He definitely has a lot to prove, but it's way too early to give up on him. The long term concern to me is his size. Q wasn't a tall guy, but he was thick and could take a lick. McCloud isn't that.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I have no problem with McLoud starting this weekend.  I'm not at practices so I have no idea how any of them look and I would definitely like to think he is getting much better coaching and we will have a much better offensive system in place.  There's just a lot of excuses for his performance last year while poo pooing the guys that transferred in.    And ... (gulp, I can't believe I am remotely defending brybull ..... everyone get your affairs in order the world may be coming to an end) .... criticism of last years performance is at least warranted ... to an extent

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It is a bit crazy to write McCloud off after a redshirt freshman year behind a leaky offensive line when he didn't even enter the season as the starter. He definitely has a lot to prove, but it's way too early to give up on him. The long term concern to me is his size. Q wasn't a tall guy, but he was thick and could take a lick. McCloud isn't that.

I don't think most are writing him off completely 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think we should look to far into whos takes the first snap. Lets see how the snap count goes as the game goes. CJS has shown he's willing to pull the original starter if the backup looks better even after four games, even if the incumbent has a conference title and took his team to the CFP. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

It's almost as though he was a freshman.

Talent is talent. Doesn’t matter how many years you have. Felt the same way about Matt Floyd when Willie started him. No signs of life in their decision making skills

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

18 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

CJS has shown he's willing to pull the original starter if the backup looks better even after four games, even if the incumbent has a conference title and took his team to the CFP. 

Do we know that was his call or that he agreed with it at the time? I'm assuming his co-coordinator and Swinney were heavily involved in the decision ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Do we know that was his call or that he agreed with it at the time? I'm assuming his co-coordinator and Swinney were heavily involved in the decision ...

I'm sure they were but do you think he disagrees with the move now? I think he would look at like, hey, i've been a part of this decision before and making the move, even with the incumbents credentials,  won us a championship. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

59 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Very sad to see some of the negativity in this thread.

Come on, John, you've been around long enough to know that there will never, ever be a decision like this that will meet with 100% approval on here. It's the nature of the beast ...

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I'm sure they were but do you think he disagrees with the move now? I think he would look at like, hey, i've been apart of this decision before and it won us a championship. 

Definitely would probably be more open to it than some after that ...