• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I do love the wiggle room they create but all of the kinks have said it is based on their interactions with drag queens or transvestites although they all have different variations of the inspirations all are consistent that it was based off of people that were more than manly girls.

I know what it's based on but Davies deliberately wrote the lyrics to leave that "wiggle room" as you call it ....

Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
Except for Lola

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I know what it's based on but Davies deliberately wrote the lyrics to leave that "wiggle room" as you call it ....

Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
Except for Lola

Yes I read that as she is not confused that she knows she is a transvestite while others don’t know who they are.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Yes I read that as she is not confused that she knows she is a transvestite while others don’t know who they are.

And it can be read that Lola's not part of that "boys will be girls" world ...... Dude was a brilliant song writer and this song is a perfect example.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And it can be read that Lola's not part of that "boys will be girls" world ...... Dude was a brilliant song writer and this song is a perfect example.

Oh I agree but as someone who knows a little bit about ambiguous writing there is nothing that ties those two thoughts together except for that they sound like they go together. However even though the listener would assume that it is a stream of thought they are the ones making the connection but as it is written the only thing he is saying Lola isn’t is mixed up.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

Some fans may not like the color, but I would be willing to bet the players do. Potential recruits will see that jersey and love it as well. We get better recruits/transfers/players, we win, and we bring more fans to games (in a post-covid world). Winning and having more fans at games are more important than fans being in love with every jersey. 

For years with UA we were known to have unique color combinations with our jerseys. Granted, we never went full slime, but we had soflo jerseys, jerseys with pink in them that we wore in October, different variations of military uniforms we would wear for military appreciation, patriotic jerseys, etc. I think it would be cool to feature an all gray jersey as an alternative that we could wear on special gamedays. Regardless though, everyone should have seen this coming with the slime jerseys featured by the basketball teams this past season. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

22 hours ago, puc86 said:

He literally says he knows he is a man and so is Lola, there is no confusion to be had. The part about boys will be girls and boys will be girls and it being a crazy mixed up world except for Lola speaks to Lola knowing what Lola is and not being confused about it not to the world at that time having the same clarity about her birth gender.

20 hours ago, Triple B said:

That's not what he says:

Well, I'd left home just a week before
And I'd never ever kissed a woman before
But Lola smiled and took me by the hand
She said, "Little boy, gonna make you a man"
Well, I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola

That can be interpreted two ways .... again, the puckish beauty of the song.

Let's make it 3 takes on this.

I thought he was glad he was a man and that Lola was glad he was a man.  No wonder we can't agree on important topics.

• Haha 1