• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I am unsure but this may be the longest thread in the shortest timespan about uniforms without our old friend Big Shoop being involved. 

He would object to using the wrong shade of gold paying no attention to the fact that if a brand makes it then it by default is an appropriate shade, I miss the green gold helmets and black decals they remind me of better times.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, mj796 said:

I don't really understand the point? I wasn't talking about how we play, I was specifically talking about the uniforms. Perhaps Puc can weigh in, but I highly doubt there is a correlation between uniform designs and on-field performance. There is, however, a correlation between fashion 'branding' perceived by recruits and recruit team selection. 

It’s also bringing fans something else to talk about. There’s very little bad that can come out of this other than the traditional “it doesn’t need to be a fashion show, let’s just play” fans. I get it, some people perform the plain look but this and playing have no comparison. The players clearly love them, the recruits will undoubtedly as well, and a large portion of a fan base does too. 

16 minutes ago, mj796 said:

I don't really understand the point? I wasn't talking about how we play, I was specifically talking about the uniforms. Perhaps Puc can weigh in, but I highly doubt there is a correlation between uniform designs and on-field performance. There is, however, a correlation between fashion 'branding' perceived by recruits and recruit team selection. 

I can try to make an argument for anything but my heart has to be at least partially in the argument and I’m on your side (I think). I actually like these uniforms more than our George Jenkins ones because they at least have a brand identity and if a player or recruit likes a uniform that’s mostly good for me (besides not liking something that looks generic and picked out of a hs uniform catalogue that is circulated across the country). Shockingly enough I favor being bold and divergent.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I really don't like the slime. 

I do LOVE the SoFlo (we miss you Under Armour 😢)

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

They look very XFL'ish.

That’s many steps above local HS, we are improving and directionally correct. Maybe Adidas can have us to FCS level by the time the contract expires and is hopefully not renewed.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s many steps above local HS, we are improving and directionally correct. Maybe Adidas can have us to FCS level by the time the contract expires and is hopefully not renewed.

I do miss UA but they are having a tough time financially from what I am hearing. 

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,234
  • Days Won:  10

Our we the Ducks of the south...

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I do miss UA but they are having a tough time financially from what I am hearing. 

It’s probably because the lost such a marquee brand to Adidas, I don’t want to invest in them I just want their gear back as they at least pretended to invest something in building our products.

Just now, Rizman said:

Our we the Ducks of the south...

We are working on some Flying V formations 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

I'd like to echo the sentiments of some others on here; this new slime uniform aint it, especially when combined with that helmet. Not a fan of the black soflo uniforms from last year either. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I don't care if they play in a table cloth... just let them play

• Haha 1