• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Finalizing FB Schedule...Announcement Could be Late Next Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

6 hours ago, Brad said:

Didn’t they make a deal that allowed No. Texas or Texas State(?) wiggle out of their deal with us?  Is that what you are referring to John?

FIU dropped us after the last minute in 2009 (I believe we had already released our schedule) and picked up a home and home with Rutgers. 

5 hours ago, Mission9 said:

John, 

Does USF have a plan as to who may be allowed to attend (if anyone) the games? I have seen extremes from only students and some season tickets holders to season tickets being canceled (as in the case of UNC).  

It will depend on how many seats are available for us to access if spectators are allowed in the stadium.

We have a plan ready based on a limited seating capacity, whatever that capacity may be.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

42 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

FIU dropped us after the last minute in 2009 (I believe we had already released our schedule) and picked up a home and home with Rutgers. 

Thanks John. Glad you remember all of this.  I was around since football was approved, but my memory certainly is not airtight.  I have to rely on you and Jim Louk.  

But who did they play when they dumped us?  Was it someone we had scheduled?

This post brought to you by Prevagen. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Thanks John. Glad you remember all of this.  I was around since football was approved, but my memory certainly is not airtight.  I have to rely on you and Jim Louk.  

They dumped us for Rutgers while Rutgers and us were still in the same conference. The schedule change was in like June or something too(whatever last minute scheduling wise is).

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

It is going to be a tough call either way. There is no way to go about it without someone being left out.  I know, and would support ,  that some students and the large donors should be first in line and get to go to all of the games.   I would hope that they find a way that the small time donors, who consistently have shown up and sat through even the bad games and the games where we felt outnumbered, would be thrown a bone.  I am hoping that they include us for a couple of games. As an example,  I know the Green Bay Packers have 2 separate packages which include a couple of games for the former Milwaukee fans (they used to play 2 or 3 games a year in Milwaukee County Stadium).

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

9 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

It is going to be a tough call either way. There is no way to go about it without someone being left out.  I know, and would support ,  that some students and the large donors should be first in line and get to go to all of the games.   I would hope that they find a way that the small time donors, who consistently have shown up and sat through even the bad games and the games where we felt outnumbered, would be thrown a bone.  I am hoping that they include us for a couple of games. As an example,  I know the Green Bay Packers have 2 separate packages which include a couple of games for the former Milwaukee fans (they used to play 2 or 3 games a year in Milwaukee County Stadium).

I also hope those of us who have had tickets for years get to attend. I’ve had tickets for I think 15 seasons and haven’t missed a home game. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I think after you subtract out those that won't leave their homes, there's probably going to be plenty of room in RJS.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It’s a big stadium. We can get our usual 15,000/20,000 crowd in there just fine. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

11 hours ago, Brad said:

FIU played Rutgers in a home and home.

The deal that we signed with FIU was 3 games, with 2 at RJS. The 2009 game was the 3rd game of the series.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think after you subtract out those that won't leave their homes, there's probably going to be plenty of room in RJS.

I have wondered about that.  Everyone has to make their own choices and I choose to attend (with the reasonable precautions of course).  While I might not be willing to sit through and indoor basketball game I have no issues sitting outside in the fresh air. I think those with no health issues would be fine.   The only issues will be the restrooms and concessions which can get busy even if many seats are empty. I can skip concessions usually but not the restroom.