• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Finalizing FB Schedule...Announcement Could be Late Next Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

31 minutes ago, Brad said:

Probably would have helped if you’d been here.  It was clear. 

Well I follow the program religiously and I stand by my statement. 

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

Wrong. It was gone before Fall.  It was a matter of truth and integrity.  

Your saying the program was gone before Skippy started? Wrong...the attendance figures say otherwise. 

32 minutes ago, Brad said:

This altered quote is true.  

Not sure how you see that I altered anything. CJL leaving had less impact than Skippy losing. That and the BE exodus killed this program.  

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Does it matter that after CJL no one to date has had anything that would be even remotely described as a successful tenure? The only thing we say more than next season is this next coach is going to be the one that makes us forget all of these decades of pain but don’t worry I’m sure we are due to finally get over that plateau like we were promised, coach x has what it takes because of all of that y factor that was obviously missing from coach z. 

I agree Puc, but people did not leave in droves the day after he was fired. This took place in a much more consequential manner when Skip sucked and the BE died. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree Puc, but people did not leave in droves the day after he was fired. This took place in a much more consequential manner when Skip sucked and the BE died. 

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, I know I hated the hire but I still wanted to give Skip a chance, after watching us beat Clemson in Charlotte I was like maybe this won’t be so bad, by the end of his tenure I was wearing bags on my head and couldn’t give away tickets.  People definitely left pretty quickly but far more left by the end. So sure the object in motion continued in motion and gained steam as it followed its downward path but just because patient zero maybe won’t infect as many people as others will when spread continues it doesn’t mean that it’s not what started it and created the pandemic.

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, I know I hated the hire but I still wanted to give Skip a chance, after watching us beat Clemson in Charlotte I was like maybe this won’t be so bad, by the end of his tenure I was wearing bags on my head and couldn’t give away tickets.  People definitely left pretty quickly but far more left by the end. So sure the object in motion continued in motion and gained steam as it followed its downward path but just because patient zero maybe won’t infect as many people as others will when spread continues it doesn’t mean that it’s not what started it and created the pandemic.

True, the firing of CJL started the whole process, it was the first step of many that put us where we are today. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure how you see that I altered anything. CJL leaving had less impact than Skippy losing. That and the BE exodus killed this program.  

I altered it.  To make it more realistic.  

This is not a good thread for another rehash.  You blame Skippy (also hired by Judy and Dougie - bookends of bad decisions for them and the program).  We’ll never see it eye to eye.  You lived it far differently than me.  I was there, I saw the growth and possibility. You were/are much as I am now, far more removed out here, thousands of miles away.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

True, the firing of CJL started the whole process, it was the first step of many that put us where we are today. 

That being said after I posted my mixed metaphor, which you completely ignored, I came to realize you were closer to right because if CSH had won a National Championship and we got called up to the P5 most people would have gotten over their mourning and claimed that they always knew CJL should be fired and that CSH had what it takes (not that this was possible with Skippy) and those that didn’t would have been replaced by ten others. So while the premise is extreme it still speaks to what you are trying to say and what it would have taken for most to get over the CJL situation would probably been a lot less than a National Championship (a Beast Championship would have been nice), unfortunately we decided to see how much people liked the move by having back to back 3 win and 2 win seasons while being moved down to the G5.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I altered it.  To make it more realistic.  

This is not a good thread for another rehash.  You blame Skippy (also hired by Judy and Dougie - bookends of bad decisions for them and the program).  We’ll never see it eye to eye.  You lived it far differently than me.  I was there, I saw the growth and possibility. You were/are much as I am now, far more removed out here, thousands of miles away.   

Fair enough Brad. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That being said after I posted my mixed metaphor, which you completely ignored, I came to realize you were closer to right because if CSH had won a National Championship and we got called up to the P5 most people would have gotten over their mourning and claimed that they always knew CJL should be fired and that CSH had what it takes (not that this was possible with Skippy) and those that didn’t would have been replaced by ten others. So while the premise is extreme it still speaks to what you are trying to say and what it would have taken for most to get over the CJL situation would probably been a lot less than a National Championship (a Beast Championship would have been nice), unfortunately we decided to see how much people liked the move by having back to back 3 win and 2 win seasons while being moved down to the G5.

Agreed

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

God did not leave the building. Jim Leavitt is a man who had faults. The program is bigger than Jim Leavitt. Obviously Mike Kelly thought the same when he didn’t hire the Jim back.  College football cycles and we were bound to have another bad period even with Jimbo at the helm. Let’s focus on the future. Go Bulls🐂

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would still say we lost more with the ones I mentioned...the whales wanted CJL gone. 

once leavitt hit a kid he sealed his fate

he had to be terminated

the administration had no choice

leavitt ruined what he had built