• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Analysis of the HATE you give CCS and Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

QB is the most important position in football. If you have one you win, if you don't, you don't.

*unless you are Bama

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

What I said is the aac is a distant 6th ... it is and I explained why ... I also said I'm not overly impressed with computer rankings ... I mean one said that ucf was the national champ a couple of years ago .... :roflmao:

I wouldn't even care to question your statements if you said the ACC was better, but to say the AAC is a distant 6th is objectively false, shown by statistics.

The beauty of computer RPI is it doesn't care about bias. It only cares about on-field results. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

On 7/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

I’m bored so I’m going to play devil’s advocate and piss of some CCS haters. It sometimes baffles me and makes me question the reason behind the hate for Taggart and CCS. So I decided to compare CSH, Taggart, and Strong. I’m leaving Levitt out of this convo. I get it, CCS fizzled out towards the end, but the hate this man gets is nonsense. Taggart's 2016 class was hot trash so he wasn't given a big cupboard of players and had to rebuild. In the end, he only has one season out of 3 with a losing record. When we start winning games this year and next year, just remember we will be doing it with a majority of players that came from CCS regime. 

CCS/Taggart - Both have at least (2) seasons that ended with winning records and (1) season with at l0 wins

CSH - Has only one season with a winning record. 

CWT and CCS have given us our 2 BEST seasons in the AAC. 

What kind of record do you think Strong has if he's coaching USF this year? It's hard to say because the transfers are likely somewhat different, but I cant imagine an improvement over 4 wins. I dont see any future NFL players here outside of KJ who he didnt recruit or develop. Nobody, I mean NOBODY improved under Strong, while more than half the team regressed. Lastly, what coach gets less than 10 wins with that 2017 QF lead team?? 

If you can favorably answer any of these questions, I'll reconsider my opinion of CCS. Imo hes a steaming pile of garbage for a coach. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

Charlie ran the program into the ground, much like Skip did years earlier.  Charlie couldn't recruit, couldn't develop players, couldn't gameplan, couldn't field or call a competent defense and he lost 14 of his last 18 games before getting justifiably canned. He will never ever be a head coach at the FBS level again.  We are going to have a miserable 2020 campaign because of the mess Charlie left for Jeff Scott.  I can't even believe there is a debate about this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

What kind of record do you think Strong has if he's coaching USF this year? It's hard to say because the transfers are likely somewhat different, but I cant imagine an improvement over 4 wins. I dont see any future NFL players here outside of KJ who he didnt recruit or develop. Nobody, I mean NOBODY improved under Strong, while more than half the team regressed. Lastly, what coach gets less than 10 wins with that 2017 QF lead team?? 

If you can favorably answer any of these questions, I'll reconsider my opinion of CCS. Imo hes a steaming pile of garbage for a coach. 

I never said he wasnt a bad head coach in any of my posts on this thread. I just compared the numbers. As for this year, who knows.  All I can say is that last year, we was really close to 7 wins  so we are not as bad as we think. I still think we would have gotten Noah Johnson or kept Tate Rodemaker if CCS was still here. In the end, out of his 3 seasons he had 2 seasons end with a winning record and a waaaaaay better tenure than Holtz who didnt nearly get half the hate that CCS got. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Charlie ran the program into the ground, much like Skip did years earlier.  Charlie couldn't recruit, couldn't develop players, couldn't gameplan, couldn't field or call a competent defense and he lost 14 of his last 18 games before getting justifiably canned. He will never ever be a head coach at the FBS level again.  We are going to have a miserable 2020 campaign because of the mess Charlie left for Jeff Scott.  I can't even believe there is a debate about this.

CCS lived his life and has a comfy job at Alabama.  If feel we will have plenty of success with CCS players in 2020. If you want to embrace failure b4 it happens go ahead, but I think we get 9-10 wins

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Where are you getting a 3-2 record for Cuse against the AAC?  I see our wins in ‘15 & ‘16, along with UConn’s losses in ‘16 & ‘18, but that is it (maybe you are counting Tulane in ‘13, but I believe that they were in CUSA that season)

Also, UConn does not count for anybody’s win total since they are barely a D-1A team 

I did count Tulane and said they were CUSA at the time in my original post.  Are we going to pretend that they are a drastically different program now that the letters in their conference initials have changed?    And that "barely D-1A team" was in the aac until they decided not to be anymore .... kind of makes my point.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I did count Tulane and said they were CUSA at the time in my original post.  Are we going to pretend that they are a drastically different program now that the letters in their conference initials have changed?    And that "barely D-1A team" was in the aac until they decided not to be anymore .... kind of makes my point.

Getting wiped by Tulane under CCS was a pretty good accomplishment.

12 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

I wouldn't even care to question your statements if you said the ACC was better, but to say the AAC is a distant 6th is objectively false, shown by statistics.

The beauty of computer RPI is it doesn't care about bias. It only cares about on-field results. 

so I guess you are celebrating ucf's 2017 National Championship.  Yippee ..... the "on- field" results are skewed by the "on-field" competition ... 

1 minute ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Getting wiped by Tulane under CCS was a pretty good accomplishment.

Hey, no shame in that game ... it is Tulane and all