• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oracle: On Campus Stadium Debate!!!

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Why hasn't anyone thought of the plot of land at Fowler & BBD? Those are the two biggest surface streets by USF, provide four legit exit paths, and there is a ton of land there...this would make the mall, the usf lots, and possibly the land across the street between fowler and the railroad tracks great tailgating locations...and it's on campus.

In any case, I'd love to have a stadium, but I dont think it'll happen for another 10 years, and some other programs deserve the attention they're set to get with all of the athletic renovations.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I challenge you to name one Top 25 college football program that plays its home games in a professional football stadium.

USC (no, LA doesn't have a pro football team right now, but the stadium is a pro football stadium. okay, technically an Olympics facility).

Minnesota

So there's two. Or 1 1/2.

The Colissuem actually was used for COLLEGE football 1st, pro team wasn't added until 1960s. In fact Al Davis's major gripe was that the LAC was more a college stadium than pro....USC's Stadium is all their's and if you have never been you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't on campus if you didn't know.

Minnesota is moving on campus in 2008 in a 60,000 stadium designed just for them. Further when in the Metrodome for a Minnesota game you could never tell that the Vikings and Twins play there...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Before you go and get all high on Tony Marquis...just don't forget. He's the guy who said:

"I know what you’re saying: “If you love Penn State so much, why don’t you just transfer?â€Â

I can’t transfer. I’m stuck here. "

http://www.usforacle.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/09/01/43170f5b8a501?in_archive=1

And also check out his last sentence on this stadium column ...."Now for my next argument: The virtues of an on-campus Taco Bell."  I think his whole article was some half-assed attempt at tongue-in-cheek humor ... emphasis on the "half-assed".

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

In any case, I'd love to have a stadium, but I dont think it'll happen for another 10 years, and some other programs deserve the attention they're set to get with all of the athletic renovations.

I think this is the opinion of most in here .....

Guest Sprtsfn627
Minnesota is moving on campus in 2008 in a 60,000 stadium designed just for them. Further when in the Metrodome for a Minnesota game you could never tell that the Vikings and Twins play there...

A little off topic...but the government decided not to build one for them, mainly because it is an election year.  Minnesota probably will get it, but not until 2009 now.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

If you can name one “Research One†commuter school then you’re way ahead of me.

This to me is the key statement.  Everyone is acting like there's not more than one way to skin a cat?

Just because no "research one" school has been a "commuter school" to date, DOES NOT mean we can't be the first.

No matter what we do...someone at some point had to be the first.

Well....here's OUR chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

sUCks is Research I and is pretty much a commuter school. (10% of enrollment lives on campus)

Wayne State is Research I and is most definitely a commuter school. I'm not even sure they have dorms.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  330

The idea of an "on campus stadium" is a great idea, but it's just not time for it. The Bulls haven't gained but a morsel of national attention to its football program. Here's the reality of it, because of that. In the football national view, there is no association of USF and the "Bulls Country" to Id the program with. The Bulls, just have gotten any attention the they even exsist as a football team. USF has to win those big games on a regular basis, and do it consistantly so they can get thier moniker on the national stage. Once that happens, and they play in and/or win a national title game, my bet is the next time the stadium agenda comes up it will more than likely be a reality.

Just my 2 cents. maybe 3.   ;D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746
  • Days Won:  3

Ah yes...it is apparent that the two budding journalists have been having speaks with the bulletin board for a story line...you know?

Peter%20Sellers.sized.jpg