• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oracle: On Campus Stadium Debate!!!

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Ah yes...it is apparent that the two budding journalists have been having speaks with the bulletin board for a story line...you know?

Peter%20Sellers.sized.jpg

"The old OCS Ploy..."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

It's about 14 minutes.   OOOOOOOHH!  I thought you said we're the old farts yet you can't do a 15 minute drive 6 times a year?  What will your back be bothering you after being in the car that loooooooooong?  ::) ::) ::) ::)

First of all I am all for an OCS, however there is no way that Ray Jay is 15 miles from Campus. It may be a 15 minute drive, but it is not 15 miles. None the less, it really isn't an excuse for not going to the games. As I understand it there is a free shuttle to and from the games to campus.

On a side note, Great now I am in agreement with WWW. :) :) :)

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

Adding a stadium doesnt make us a non-commuter school. Only adding dorms will do that.

and just how many dorms do you want USF to add?  we have now at least 17 and thats not including each building in holly, and each building in cypress, maple and magnolia, we have plenty of dorms and most of the students live within 3 miles of campus, how much closer do we need to get before we aren't considered a commuter school?  also don't forget about greek village which itself close to 100 beds if not more.

Guest Commuter Police

and just how many dorms do you want USF to add?  we have now at least 17 and thats not including each building in holly, and each building in cypress, maple and magnolia, we have plenty of dorms and most of the students live within 3 miles of campus, how much closer do we need to get before we aren't considered a commuter school?  also don't forget about greek village which itself close to 100 beds if not more.

The general cutoff for what is and isnt a commuter school is 10% of the student body living on campus.  Its not my cutoff. I think with the number of students who live within 1 mile of campus we probably reach close to 25% of the student body...

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

News flash for Tony "I Love Penn State!" Marquis: Most of the schools in the Top 25 aren't in cities that have an NFL team. Let's see...

1. USC - Los Angeles - NO

2. Texas - Austin - NO

3. Virginia Tech - Blacksburg - NO

4. Georgia - Athens - NO

5. Alabama - Tuscaloosa - NO

6. Miami - Miami - YES (use another off-campus stadium)

7. LSU - Baton Rouge - NO (but it's good enough for the Saints this year)

8. UCLA - Los Angeles - NO

9. Notre Dame - South Bend - NO

10. Florida State - Tallahassee - NO

11. Penn State - State College - NO

12. Ohio State - Columbus - NO

13. Boston College - Boston - YES (on-campus stadium)

14. Oregon - Eugene - NO

15. Wisconsin - Madison - NO

16. Florida - Gainesville - NO

17. Texas Tech - Lubbock - NO

18. West Virginia - Morgantown - NO

19. Auburn - Auburn - NO

20. TCU - Fort Worth - NO (the Cowboys don't count in this situation)

21. Northwestern - Evanston - YES (I'll count the Bears - on-campus stadium)

22. Fresno State - Fresno - NO

23. Tennessee - Knoxville - NO

24. California - Berkeley - NO

25. Michigan - Ann Arbor - NO

Let's see, that's three out of 25, and if you want to get really lenient with TCU, then it's four out of 25. No wonder they all have on-campus stadiums. Otherwise the city wouldn't need one at all.

The real question is how many schools in NFL cities went ahead and built themselves a new stadium after an NFL stadium went up? SMU and Minnesota for sure, and maybe Houston. That's it.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

That's the main point I've been trying to get people to see all along.  Most schools build them because THEY HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS!

We don't need to play "follow the leader" when those we are trying to follow don't have as many options as we do.  They all wish they had stadiums as nice as we do.

I've heard coaches from Texas, UF and Arizona talking, they were saying what a great recruiting tool RJS must be. and how they wish they had that.

We've had players with offers from Okla and other big programs decide on us when they got taken on a tour of RJS.

We need to realize how lucky we are and that we can be leaders (not followers.)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

That's the main point I've been trying to get people to see all along.  Most schools build them because THEY HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS!

We don't need to play "follow the leader" when those we are trying to follow don't have as many options as we do.  They all wish they had stadiums as nice as we do.

I've heard coaches from Texas, UF and Arizona talking, they were saying what a great recruiting tool RJS must be. and how they wish they had that.

We've had players with offers from Okla and other big programs decide on us when they got taken on a tour of RJS.

We need to realize how lucky we are and that we can be leaders (not followers.)

With the Glazers' business sense you'd think they'd see the opportunity here to appease everyone and make more money. Build some nice dorms in a corner parcel of the mall lot where they're building the training facility. They could use these for their training camp and then in the fall rent them out to students on Fridays of game weekends. They could get **** faced and then stumble over for the game on Saturday.

Heck, even rent them to them on Saturday nights of Buc home games too so they could get **** faced again and then stumble over to the stadium on Sunday. Apparently this is the most important part of the experience since some seem too put out to drive 15 minutes to actually attend the game ...