• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oracle: On Campus Stadium Debate!!!

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746
  • Days Won:  3

when you've got more exposure to it.. and being exposed to something that is 15 steps from your dorm is a lot more conducive than being exposed to something that is 15 minutes driving

And yet...the Sundome is void of students. And it was the same way when hoops was all we had.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Justin Boza
Seems that many USF fans haven't been able to experience REAL Collge Atmoshperes...and can only compare what they know to RJS (either College or Pro).

exactly.  its either they have nothing to compare it to or they are simply too old to care about an "atmosphere".. and by no means am i blaming them for wanting seatbacks and massagers waiting on them, hand and foot, they need to understand that its the undergraduate students that make a stadium a homefield advantage.. and in order to get THE MOST undergrads in the facility, its gotta be easily accessable to them.. the stadium needs to cater to its students, not to its alumni.. i can understand where the old alum are coming from, but this isnt an NFL team that needs to cater to the needs of its city.. its a college team that needs to cater to its students

the stadium needs to cater to its students, not to its alumni..

At every OCS I've been to, the 'Student Section' has always been just that....a "section". The bulk of the stadium goes to the guys who write the checks.

Guest Justin Boza

And yet...the Sundome is void of students. And it was the same way when hoops was all we had.

florida is and always will be a college football state, not a college basketball state.. i'd love for it to be a house of horrors at the sundome too, but it will never be the same.. for example, UF does a good job with its rowdy reptiles, but it doesnt even compare it is football games.. and for the past decade or so, UF basketball has been more successful than UF football!

Guest Justin Boza

At every OCS I've been to, the 'Student Section' has always been just that....a "section". The bulk of the stadium goes to the guys who write the checks.

ya, but who are the ones that are making the noise that prevent opposing QBs from making the proper checks at the line of scrimmage, ultimately determining homefield advantage?  the guys who are writing checks and trying to keep their kids sitting next to them still?  or is it the college kids?

Sooooo....you're gonna pay for the stadium with noise?

Look sport, there's gonna be an OCS...down the road. Sorry that doesn't satisfy your gotta-have-it-now mentality, but that's just the way the world works. And by then, maybe you'll be writing checks.  ::)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I actually understand cee's point about the "fringe" student fan being won over with an OCS and not having to put much effort into going to a game while in school. And those "fringe" fans being converted to life along alumni supporters .... but that's the ONLY part of his argument that holds water, with me anyway.

Guest Justin Boza
Sorry that doesn't satisfy your gotta-have-it-now mentality, but that's just the way the world works.

i never said i "gotta-have-it-now".. i understand it takes money to get things done, my whole issue is that we dont even have it in our plans.. its pretty depressing that its merely wishful thinking, because those who believe it should not even be in a written proposal are like those who werent proactive and not wanting football to be in a written proposal.. those people who didnt help get football to our school didnt help much then, and those people who dont help our football program get a stadium arent helping much now

And by then, maybe you'll be writing checks.  ::)

by then, maybe i wont forget considerations of those that make the university what its is-- its students

How much longer do you think we'll be playing at RayJ?

Honest estimate....not wishful thinking...how much longer do you think - given our season ticket base development over the past nine years - do you think we'll be at RayJ.

The reason I'm asking is...it wouldn't make much sense to "put it in a written plan"...if you're going to be using RayJ for another ten to fifteen years.  A lot can change between now and 2020...

You're better off taking the long term view. 8)

Guest Justin Boza
How much longer do you think we'll be playing at RayJ?

Honest estimate....not wishful thinking...how much longer do you think - given our season ticket base - do you think we'll be at RayJ.

The reason I'm asking is...it wouldn't make much sense to "put it in a written plan"...if you're going to be using RayJ for another ten to fifteen years.  A lot can change between now and 2020... 8)

ya and with all those who are anti-leaving RJS, we could be there forever.. if we have it in our plans, it gives us a goal to strive for, as opposed to simply dreaming.. judy and lee roy need to get on the ball, and the only way they'll ever know is unless we build up some sort of demand/interest.. which is why people need to stop putting the issue to the side and being content with RJS