• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it crazy to see that CFB in Florida is not going to happen?

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 7/8/2020 at 3:36 PM, Friscobull said:

It is accurate, it is simply the amount of deaths daily in a linear graph.  The deaths in Texas range between 40-60 a day regardless of how high the case counts have gotten.  You can compare this to NY where they had 600-800 people die daily at their peak.  I realize deaths are a lagging indicator with the case count however the numbers are what they are and it seems highly unlikely any state will reach NY’s death numbers.  You are hysterical Jonesy, take it down a level.   I think spring football would be a bust if done in a shortened season, cancel the season and maybe we play in the fall of 21.

Its scary to think about what might happen with the death rates.  They are lagging behind now even more than before.  Cause its the younger generation that is causing this new blow up (in.general).  once they give it to the older generation and people at risk its scary to think how bad it will get.

Floridas ICU beds are getting at capacity.  Im sure your state Texas is facing the same thing or will be soon.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

48 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Its scary to think about what might happen with the death rates.  They are lagging behind now even more than before.  Cause its the younger generation that is causing this new blow up (in.general).  once they give it to the older generation and people at risk its scary to think how bad it will get.

Floridas ICU beds are getting at capacity.  Im sure your state Texas is facing the same thing or will be soon.

It is really bad in Houston where the protests, George Floyd funeral attracted huge gatherings.  To put things in perspective, we have yet to hit 100 deaths a day in the state where NY had multiple 700 plus per day deaths and that state is less populated.  A long way to go so we shall see.  I don’t like Basketball or hockey trying to come back after this much of a break, screws up the next season.  In all honesty if the NBA and the MLB folded it wouldn’t bother me a bit.  A spring conference only football season does not excite me either, rather just call it a season and get ready for fall 2021.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It is really bad in Houston where the protests, George Floyd funeral attracted huge gatherings.  To put things in perspective, we have yet to hit 100 deaths a day in the state where NY had multiple 700 plus per day deaths and that state is less populated.  A long way to go so we shall see.  I don’t like Basketball or hockey trying to come back after this much of a break, screws up the next season.  In all honesty if the NBA and the MLB folded it wouldn’t bother me a bit.  A spring conference only football season does not excite me either, rather just call it a season and get ready for fall 2021.

NBA sucks ass so they are on their own. As for the NHL, they will finish in October and start back in December...almost like a regular break in between seasons. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Let's play Over/Under! Here's my over/under on:

• When the AAC will announce a conference only schedule - July 13th
  • When the AAC will cancel the 2020 football season - July 27th

Over means after and Under means before.

Point one push

Point two under 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Thanks for explaining over/under, you must think highly of us 😀.  I am saying over on both, I think the poor G5 would rather be cancelled and seek restitution for the cash games against the P5 teams, than pulling the trigger first and having less leverage. They realistically can wait until August to cancel the season once the non-conference games get cancelled.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Under on the first option.  After announcing the first option they don’t need to make a decision on the second until the first week of August so I’ll take the over on the second. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

If you by shtick you mean stating facts then yes that's my shtick. Now if your definition of shtick is ignoring all facts and blindly throwing your support behind someone then no, that's not my shtick.

If by stating facts you mean stating only facts that make our teams look as bad as possible and twisting any and all other facts and/or ignoring ones that may support an opposing point of view ..... then yeah that's your shtick ...... 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

:backtotopic:

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Under/Under

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 7/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, Friscobull said:

Im excited for any Sports.  I like Baseball and Hockey.  So really hope they pull it off.  But with this Covid blowup especially here in Florida its going to be tough to keep everybody test negative.

I give college football almost 0 percent for this fall.  If Spring is the only option Im ok with it.