• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1 Person Shot on Campus

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

37 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

AhHa..!  See they "got ya" with their fake lead 😲... Seriously, it is pitiful how the media/staff's are no longer accountable for anything they present as news or fact. Sometimes but not often they get caught in a bold faced, self-serving lie it is followed by..."Oh golly sorry".  In a way it's the slow brainwashing of the population. I like to go to several sources and then match up the content just to see how it is all bent. Very sad/concerning how lying permeates society at any and all levels. Imagine it is very tough being a parent these days if you strive to raise your kid right. You see the story about the young people helping cleanup the looting aftermath it makes you feel good and instills some hope. Then again, the positive stories don't seem to garner much media interest...

Totally understand your position.  But, wait, am I lying?  😄

Just trying to inject some humor in the day.  Not much of that in the news.  Like you said, there are a lot of good people doing lots of good things but the negative stuff gets the majority of the coverage.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Amazing to have the death of this man come back and have ties in Florida. Read the article about him. Tragic set of events took a young man that people thought highly of to, dying on the street at the hands of an "overly aggressive cop".  It takes quite a while to weed out bad cops from a department. Problem is, they can cause a lot of damage in the meantime. Sad ending for Mr. Floyd. It's good his life had positive high points and he left some folks behind that he obviously touched in a positive way.         And, there we go again that "South Florida" moniker coming back to haunt us.

That's the part that makes this whole process so daunting. The officer charged should have been dismissed from that force way before this happened. There are thousands of law enforcement entities and it just takes one bad apple to possibly get things rolling. I'm sure that improvements have been continuously made over the years but I doubt it's ever going to be 100% clear of asswipes but can only hope to minimize as much as possible.

Congrats to your daughter on her accomplishment. Now she can go forth and conquer...

Thanks. I just wanted her to go forth and be gainfully employed coming out during all this madness and she was able to do that ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

That's the part that makes this whole process so daunting. The officer charged should have been dismissed from that force way before this happened. There are thousands of law enforcement entities and it just takes one bad apple to possibly get things rolling. I'm sure that improvements have been continuously made over the years but I doubt it's ever going to be 100% clear of asswipes but can only hope to minimize as much as possible.

For twenty years I worked with a medium city's police department.  In the course of that work, I had to interact with members, from Chief down of other departments.  One thing I have learned - there are certain industries where every department has the same culture.  It's uncanny.  Power company lineman, Firefighter, and Police.  No matter where you go, just the faces change.  The prevailing police culture is sick and dishonest.  They do good for the community and I wouldn't want their job, but that gives no one license to do the things that I have seen and heard.  Remember, Lakeland had 10% of their sworn police force fired or otherwise disciplined for a sex scandal with a city worker.  Tipp, sorry, but that has been my experience.  Some are really good people stuck in a system that stinks.

There's a young man that I mentored for years.  He was dead set on becoming a police officer.  I sat him down and told him what was going to happen on his first ride along and unfortunately, I was right.  I told him that the first thing they are going to do is do something against the rules with him there to see if he is a "rat" or can he be "trusted".  Sure enough.  The boy is now a firefighter.  Much better culture.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Thanks. I just wanted her to go forth and be gainfully employed coming out during all this madness and she was able to do that ....

Re: the AW cops. I'm from the old days and did work for a FL sheriff so thats a diff bag than the metro cops. Most city cops are union whereas working for a sheriff you can be fired for about anything. Nowadays, most agencies come under some form of union or bargaining entity. Old days were very different. You didnt have the overwhelming saturation coverage you have on most depts now. You were lucky to have any backup on hot calls. That makes you talk more/reason with folks instead of trying to take everybody down to the ground. If you couldnt?? then you dished out whatever it took to subdue or diffuse the situation. Yes, there were abusive cops who liked to dish it out. As imagined they were supreme jerks. In time they reached their end. Some of these guys(and gals) had bad issues. Anyway.....I remember stopping several of them when they went over the top. I have noticed that a lot of cops now have a detached tough ass manner about them. They aren't very approachable. I do think some are in the job for the wrong reason. Some work scared and some are nuts. Danger is part of the job. It would be tough to go to work scared every night. Possibly, the bad guys are more dangerous?? Younger?? Nutz?? Armed better?? I've got a niece that's a cop by Birmingham, we worry about her and pray for her safety in this insane world. Hopefully, the majority are good ones. I worked around the state on investigations and it was apparent, the bigger the department/city the worse the attitude. And that is all I got on that I think I'm outta ink....my quill is dry.        Hey!! You still awake..?? zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZ

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Diversity is our strength.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Diversity is our strength.

I thought it was lack of a stadium to pay off...