Jump to content
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

    It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

  • Members do not see this ad, Register

1 Person Shot on Campus


Recommended Posts


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Reputation:   899
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  08/30/2009

Those of y’all in Tampa, specificities Temple Terrace be safe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

I hate where our university is located...

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Reputation:   3,952
  • Days Won:  67
  • Joined:  05/23/2019

11 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Those of y’all in Tampa, specificities Temple Terrace be safe. 

This appeared to be off campus and unrelated to any civil unrest, just a normal Saturday night in Suitcase city.  A couple fires and Champs looted, overall not a terrible night considering what could of happened in Tampa.  Only a Whole Foods was looted in Dallas, at least the rioters are eating healthy and appear to be concerned about their well being.  This could have been far worse everywhere.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Reputation:   3,952
  • Days Won:  67
  • Joined:  05/23/2019

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

And the Gold & Diamond Source is high in fiber...right.

If you have ever shopped in a Whole Foods or shopped for the most popular basketball shoes you pretty much need to exchange gold and diamonds for their inventory, this store was looted to have the funds to shop there once the riots end.  It is called financial planning for the future, some would call a pragmatic response to a current crisis. I am a glass half full guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Reputation:   344
  • Days Won:  2
  • Joined:  11/21/2017

On 5/31/2020 at 10:10 AM, Friscobull said:

This appeared to be off campus and unrelated to any civil unrest, just a normal Saturday night in Suitcase city.  A couple fires and Champs looted, overall not a terrible night considering what could of happened in Tampa.  Only a Whole Foods was looted in Dallas, at least the rioters are eating healthy and appear to be concerned about their well being.  This could have been far worse everywhere.

I saw a master list of tampa businesses that were looted and/or damaged, but I can't seem to find it now. It was above 50 though. The majority of the damaged/looted businesses were in the "university area" though, including Walmart, target, AT&T, and champs, university mall. Thats all I can remember off the top of my head. They other hotspot was the busch gardens area. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Reputation:   858
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  08/07/2017

  "1 Person Shot On Campus"  there you go a sensationalized headline "clickbait".  Fake News

It's crazy nowadays, that a large percentage of the population get their news by the "headline" or the first 2-3 lines. A paragraph if their a voracious reader :-]   Obviously many here actually read the news story. 👍  As for the rioting, looting, violence....time to come down on these folks with a very very heavy hand. Give the valid protestors a few warnings/deadline to beat feet or else......hopefully little billy and sally who are just there to get a selfie will heed the warning..

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Reputation:   899
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  08/30/2009

54 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

  "1 Person Shot On Campus"  there you go a sensationalized headline "clickbait".  Fake News

It's crazy nowadays, that a large percentage of the population get their news by the "headline" or the first 2-3 lines. A paragraph if their a voracious reader :-]   Obviously many here actually read the news story. 👍  As for the rioting, looting, violence....time to come down on these folks with a very very heavy hand. Give the valid protestors a few warnings/deadline to beat feet or else......hopefully little billy and sally who are just there to get a selfie will heed the warning..

I literally made the post when watching a Tampa channel news stream for the riots. What ever channel JB something(he kept talking about posting #heyJB on twitter..)or another is on... They were the ones that said someone was shot on campus so I posted it. But sure I spread fake news Saturday night as the news was being reported on the local news... Saw the next morning it was next to campus.  Guess I should have waited until there was an actual news article before wishing people on and around campus were safe. 

Edited by 206BULL
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,498
  • Reputation:   10,787
  • Days Won:  422
  • Joined:  11/25/2005

4 hours ago, 206BULL said:

I literally made the post when watching a Tampa channel news stream for the riots. What ever channel JB something(he kept talking about posting #heyJB on twitter..)or another is on... They were the ones that said someone was shot on campus so I posted it. But sure I spread fake news Saturday night as the news was being reported on the local news... Saw the next morning it was next to campus.  Guess I should have waited until there was an actual news article before wishing people on and around campus were safe. 

My daughter, just graduated, was getting the same fake news from somewhere, don't know if it was the USF system or not ....... except she also heard that Floyd attended there. Reality was he attended and played hoops at South Florida Community (now State) College in Avon Park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Reputation:   858
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  08/07/2017

15 hours ago, 206BULL said:

I literally made the post when watching a Tampa channel news stream for the riots. What ever channel JB something(he kept talking about posting #heyJB on twitter..)or another is on... They were the ones that said someone was shot on campus so I posted it. But sure I spread fake news Saturday night as the news was being reported on the local news... Saw the next morning it was next to campus.  Guess I should have waited until there was an actual news article before wishing people on and around campus were safe. 

AhHa..!  See they "got ya" with their fake lead 😲... Seriously, it is pitiful how the media/staff's are no longer accountable for anything they present as news or fact. Sometimes but not often they get caught in a bold faced, self-serving lie it is followed by..."Oh golly sorry".  In a way it's the slow brainwashing of the population. I like to go to several sources and then match up the content just to see how it is all bent. Very sad/concerning how lying permeates society at any and all levels. Imagine it is very tough being a parent these days if you strive to raise your kid right. You see the story about the young people helping cleanup the looting aftermath it makes you feel good and instills some hope. Then again, the positive stories don't seem to garner much media interest...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Reputation:   858
  • Days Won:  6
  • Joined:  08/07/2017

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

My daughter, just graduated, was getting the same fake news from somewhere, don't know if it was the USF system or not ....... except she also heard that Floyd attended there. Reality was he attended and played hoops at South Florida Community (now State) College in Avon Park.

Amazing to have the death of this man come back and have ties in Florida. Read the article about him. Tragic set of events took a young man that people thought highly of to, dying on the street at the hands of an "overly aggressive cop".  It takes quite a while to weed out bad cops from a department. Problem is, they can cause a lot of damage in the meantime. Sad ending for Mr. Floyd. It's good his life had positive high points and he left some folks behind that he obviously touched in a positive way.         And, there we go again that "South Florida" moniker coming back to haunt us.

Congrats to your daughter on her accomplishment. Now she can go forth and conquer...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.  Registration is free and reduces ads.