• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. LSU in Atlanta?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Would be awesome if it happens 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

there isnt going to be ncaa asketball this year

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, smazza said:

there isnt going to be ncaa asketball this year

Thats probably wrong. Logistically, there is a better chance of basketball happening than football.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

Men's hoops tripleheader. My intel says nothing official on this yet, but let's hope it happens. Would mean we're back to a semblance of normalcy.
Quote Tweet

Jon Rothstein

@JonRothstein
· Apr 27
Sources: State Farm Arena in Atlanta will host a multi game event on December 12th. Dayton/Mississippi State Alabama/Clemson LSU/South Florida A fourth game could still be added.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

On 4/29/2020 at 9:13 AM, usfrank said:

Jon Rothstein

@JonRothstein
· Apr 27
Sources: State Farm Arena in Atlanta will host a multi game event on December 12th. Dayton/Mississippi State Alabama/Clemson LSU/South Florida A fourth game could still be added.

JR's "Sources" pretty good. From GoUSFBulls.com:

The other three games of the quadruple-header will pit Dayton against Mississippi State, Alabama against Clemson and Auburn against Memphis. All travel packages and game tickets will be available at a later date. Fans can stay up to date on information at http://theviigroup.net/.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Bringing this thread back for those who are thinking about traveling for the game.

Southwest has a sale that ends today with one-way tickets between Tampa and Atlanta for $39 each. I booked the trip this morning because Southwest allows you to cancel and use the funds for rebooking another flight later on with no change fees. With us playing football at Tulane in 2021 and Southwest having direct flights to New Orleans, I figure I can apply these funds towards that trip if Atlanta doesn't happen.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

53 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I think at this point anywhere I can drive to in a single day, I'll drive. Planes are petri dishes at this point.

I won't argue against that at all. I'm used to flying at least once a month but won't be taking my next flight until then assuming we don't cancel our booking.

I prefer driving to Atlanta and have made that trip many times in the past. We might still go that route depending on how things are looking in December. For now, we've locked in a low price and are hoping to not be on the road for a large chunk of what will be our first weekend away from the kids.

Edited by &rew Bull

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I dont see the upside to USF playing LSU in Atlanta. Who's going to care about USF in Atlanta? Unless they already know there will be no fans

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

I dont see the upside to USF playing LSU in Atlanta. Who's going to care about USF in Atlanta? Unless they already know there will be no fans

Huh?  You don't see the upside of playing a solid SEC team on a neutral court?  What's the downside?

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

could be a quality win for each program there is an upside for both to play this game...thats why it makes sense