• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Football Season Being Seriously Considered by the AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I was being generous. Never know??  This season could be a "no" fan or minimal fan situation. Lot's of unknowns to speculate on right now...

It’s going to be sad year if we have no Bulls football. This time with the family stuff is already getting old...😀

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s going to be sad year if we have no Bulls football. 

The last couple years have been sad with Bulls football so we are prepared at least.  I have signed 2 leases in College Station and Lubbock, what are the chances there is no school on campus this fall?  Eventually we have to say freak this and get on with it, at least I would think, the numbers are not near as devastating as the experts predicted.  Their fall back is a better job of social distancing but I think they whiffed on this one.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The last couple years have been sad with Bulls football so we are prepared at least.  I have signed 2 leases in College Station and Lubbock, what are the chances there is no school on campus this fall?  Eventually we have to say freak this and get on with it, at least I would think, the numbers are not near as devastating as the experts predicted.  Their fall back is a better job of social distancing but I think they whiffed on this one.

I guess I am at the point where I would rather watch USF get beat than not see them at all. I put it at 35/40% that universities will start back face to face In Aug. But I’ll put it at 80% that standard operational educational delivery will take place by November. But like everyone else that’s just an opinion. God I miss USF sports...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I guess I am at the point where I would rather watch USF get beat than not see them at all. 

I guess the old adage still holds true “it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all”.  We have lost more than most but we keep coming back, USF sports is a fickle *****.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

On 4/15/2020 at 5:51 AM, DELdaBull said:

Why would football return without schools being fully open?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Unfortunately very few have anymore...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

This is far worse than the flu, and continuing to compare it to the flu does such a disservice that of course you (and anyone else who believes the same) will dismiss the threat.

In the 2018-2019 flu season there were 34,200 deaths in the US. 

Since the first death of covid-19 at the end of February, there have now been over 40,000 deaths and that's with shutting most of the country down

Again, in about two months covid-19 has killed more in the US than the flu did in an entire year, with the world on lockdown.  

Please please please stop comparing the virus to the only frame of reference you have.  Trust the experts who say it's different and recommend keeping things shut down.

Oh and stop pretending to be a bad@ss just because you fail to grasp the gravity of the situation.  No one thinks you're macho because you insult people who know more than you about a once in a generation pandemic.

I always encourage listening to scientists, but using their claims to take away rights to go outside and forcibly shut people/business down isnt the answer. 

All I'm saying is after this is all over, you really think this isnt going to happen again in the next 30 years or so? Bet the house on it. Your rights arent rights. And you're supporting it. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 4/16/2020 at 8:41 AM, Friscobull said:

the numbers are devastating.the speed at which people are getting sick and dying is nothing we have seen.america's hero are the most vulnerable.we must keep it shut down until we have universal testing or a vaccine

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

I always encourage listening to scientists, but using their claims to take away rights to go outside and forcibly shut people/business down isnt the answer. 

All I'm saying is after this is all over, you really think this isnt going to happen again in the next 30 years or so? Bet the house on it. Your rights arent rights. And you're supporting it. 

Look, people who have strong libertarian-like views are not going to support anything that takes away perceived freedoms.  There's little I can say to change deeply held principles;  all I can say is while I share those feelings about freedoms needing to be protected, my principles are not absolute and do not exist in a vaccuum.  To me, freedoms should not extend to a point of hurting others on a mass scale

Shutdowns should be enforced when the science says it can prevent deaths on a large scale.  Yeah that's infringing on rights, but just the same, the right to shout fire in a crowded place is something society gave up so we wouldn't allow people to cause chaos and unnecessary deaths from causing a stampede.

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I say let the knuckleheads out who want to be selfish and excercise their freedom instead of exercising disciple for the greater good. I'm all in favor of thinning the heard while those who of us who take this seriously sit at home and minimize our risk. 

I would agree with letting people have the freedom to harm themselves, but the problem is they hurt others.  If you let large swaths think it's okay to skip social distancing and ignore this pandemic, you will end up with those same people infecting those that do take it seriously and are vulnerable.  The 'im willing to risk it' crowd will still go to Publix, will still cough in the open air without covering their face (which I still see), and drag everyone else down.  

If the deaths are going to be this bad, it has to be a large scale prevention and containment effort...and yeah it's going to suck and yeah it's going to infringe on rights.  But this isn't a normal occurrence.