• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Spring Football Season Being Seriously Considered by the AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

20 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Well vaccines, curing cancer and treating the sick are a lot easier to talk about then democrats vs repubs, and how to fashion a society that works for everyone. Politics is like a circle, the arguing about politics never ends it just repeats itself and keeps going

Most political talk with people is nauseating. It's usually party line propaganda. 

As long as we can understand each other without hating each other. Everybody knows something that somebody else doesnt know. I think we can all be grateful that this virus didnt turn out to be as deadly as it could have been. And I hope I'm not speaking too soon

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

This is far worse than the flu, and continuing to compare it to the flu does such a disservice that of course you (and anyone else who believes the same) will dismiss the threat.

In the 2018-2019 flu season there were 34,200 deaths in the US. 

Since the first death of covid-19 at the end of February, there have now been over 40,000 deaths and that's with shutting most of the country down

Again, in about two months covid-19 has killed more in the US than the flu did in an entire year, with the world on lockdown.  

Please please please stop comparing the virus to the only frame of reference you have.  Trust the experts who say it's different and recommend keeping things shut down.

Oh and stop pretending to be a bad@ss just because you fail to grasp the gravity of the situation.  No one thinks you're macho because you insult people who know more than you about a once in a generation pandemic.

Well now that your tirade is over, feel better?  Interesting you only selected one sentence out of my rather long post? I guess if you were to put that sentence back into the posted comment in total it....wouldn't have anywhere near the connotation that you were using it for to launch your barrage. Whatever floats your boat. Interesting how that seems to be the norm nowadays. You questioning my seriousness regarding this virus?? Lets just say while I was in law enforcement I was stabbed/cut twice by junkies. I contracted HepC and underwent a 10 month chemo based horrible treatment so, yeah I paid my virus dues and I now exactly what one can do to you. Macho? Badass? Ha! love it that's priceless. Well maybe... because I have self-esteem and am confident within myself because I have been tested in life. I'm still breathing so...all that negative/dangerous life stuff lost, I won. Insulting? What, of the noisy people?  Human beings handle things that life throws at you in many different ways. This covid-19 is very serious especially to those sick, dying and their families and, the people who have to try and save as many people as possible. And all the people being overwhelmed by the economic/personal impacts. I wasn't going to respond to your post after I read it a couple times but, some folks just to need to have their **** set straight when the target somebody. Hopefully, this will be the only scary, tragic thing you see in your life and things will get better for you soon. Read the first couple sentences of my original post. See reference to a 2nd flu virus? My pharmacist is Iranian and very informed. He was concerned about this other "flu"?? My son in LA got the "flu" and it attacked his respiratory system he was quite sick but, he's healthy so in 5-6 days he felt better. Flu? or Covid? We all knew there was a Flu but we didn't know there was something else lurking out there quite yet...   Think about what you say on TBP. Don't be so quick to attack people. I know it gets others to jump on board but....go easy. Re: Covid-19? Were all in this in some way. It will be ok in time...  I wont blog banter on this so--I'm done. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/16/2020 at 11:21 AM, BulledOver said:

People will get the "flu/virus" and feel like crap and then recover and get back to their daily life. Yes, we may see people wearing masks and get use to it like they have in other countries. Overall, The United States Citizens for the most part, are tough folks. It's in our DNA. The weak, the bitchers, the malcontent and moaners are not the majority of this Country. Their just loud so they get attention. (didn't mean to go so long on this) But, guess I was compelled by reading through all the comments, ideas and concerns.

I believe "personally", we will start to see this Country going back to the "new" normal sooner rather than later. Football(sports) will be included, it's a USA thing.   

6 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Think about what you say on TBP. Don't be so quick to attack people. I know it gets others to jump on board but....go easy. 

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  I guess it's only attacking when it happens to you.  You are perfectly fine to start it, but hoo boy don't let anyone respond with facts to disprove what you say or else it's a long "tirade" attacking you.

This time I included a little more of your text in those quotes that you claim were out of context.  (They weren't)  The entire argument you make over the course of that post, is during this ordeal people will get something just like the flu and get over it because we're "tough folks".  You then imply it's only the "weak, the bitchers, the malcontent and moaners" are not the majority but are making the most noise ("loud").  You take that misinformed point of view and conclude things will open sooner rather than later.

I called you out on it using facts but you of course couldn't face them because it breaks the narrative in your head.  You want to feel the USA and yourself are tougher than this virus (apparently because of what you personally went thru); and you know what that's fine to simply believe.  If it makes you feel better in these uncertain times to have some certainty, then ok.  But don't be so confident that you will look down on others and call them weak.  That was wrong.  Own up to it, or don't, it doesn't make much difference now that it's been proven wrong.

Guest SittingBull
31 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Most political talk with people is nauseating. It's usually party line propaganda. 

As long as we can understand each other without hating each other. Everybody knows something that somebody else doesnt know. I think we can all be grateful that this virus didnt turn out to be as deadly as it could have been. And I hope I'm not speaking too soon

image.jpeg.129cf7aa1277330bb0ebd704993cdc6a.jpeg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

I have mixed feelings on this whole thing. I understand the need to flatten the curve - so that hospitals don't get overrun where decisions would have to be made on who gets treatment and who doesn't.  But, just looking at the graphs, it extends the period of time for this thing to get under control (whatever that means) much further out.  Does the number of new cases have to come to zero to open everything back up?  That may not happen for a year, if ever.  Can people with no savings afford to not work for a year?  We miss seeing our daughter and grand kids and gave in yesterday.  Put masks on initially to give hugs but as our time there wore on the kids were wanting to jump on us and play.  We believe they all had this virus back in Feb before it had a name. One grandson had flu-like systems but tested negative for the flu. It went through the whole house. Would love to know if they have the antibodies and could see them without worrying.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ghostbuster said:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.  I guess it's only attacking when it happens to you.  You are perfectly fine to start it, but hoo boy don't let anyone respond with facts to disprove what you say or else it's a long "tirade" attacking you.

This time I included a little more of your text in those quotes that you claim were out of context.  (They weren't)  The entire argument you make over the course of that post, is during this ordeal people will get something just like the flu and get over it because we're "tough folks".  You then imply it's only the "weak, the bitchers, the malcontent and moaners" are not the majority but are making the most noise ("loud").  You take that misinformed point of view and conclude things will open sooner rather than later.

I called you out on it using facts but you of course couldn't face them because it breaks the narrative in your head.  You want to feel the USA and yourself are tougher than this virus (apparently because of what you personally went thru); and you know what that's fine to simply believe.  If it makes you feel better in these uncertain times to have some certainty, then ok.  But don't be so confident that you will look down on others and call them weak.  That was wrong.  Own up to it, or don't, it doesn't make much difference now that it's been proven wrong.

Take a break brother. You say, "misinformed point of view". Yes, it's MY point of view. You have yours  good for you. You will interpret in your own way so enjoy yourself. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Sign of the times: a 24 count of Charmin toilet paper ($16) costs more than a barrel of oil (cratered to $11 this morning)

That same $11 for a barrel of oil can get you a liter of water at Ray Jay.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

You then imply it's only the "weak, the bitchers, the malcontent and moaners" are not the majority but are making the most noise ("loud")

Was I wrong to assume these were the mopes he was referring to ....

image.jpeg.e1d67827202e3dca4650b8d3eaaf3b1b.jpegimage.jpeg.de2de1d0d72f1aee52b788e80b7c8c82.jpegPro-Trump protesters push back on stay-at-home orders

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Was I wrong to assume these were the mopes he was referring to ....

image.jpeg.e1d67827202e3dca4650b8d3eaaf3b1b.jpegimage.jpeg.de2de1d0d72f1aee52b788e80b7c8c82.jpegPro-Trump protesters push back on stay-at-home orders

Actual just making a generic reference to all the negativity that is spewed from the tv. These folks demonstrating? It's their Right of course. Are the being smart and reckless in their gathering in masses w/o any precautions? Hopefully their decisions don't come back to haunt/hurt them, their families, their friends, their community?? Stay tuned.... A little tough to go back to work if your burning up and cant breathe...Personally, I wouldn't be there. We shall see...