• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Football Season Being Seriously Considered by the AAC

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

I understand disagreement with the very intrusive rules that are designed to save lives.  There is much frustration and despair over whether people can recover from this financially.  We have never in our lives had government intrude so far into our daily lives.  So, ***** away.  I don't like it either.  But do as you are F'ing Told To Do.  Some people must be talked to as children as that is their level of maturity and self-discipline.

If you are just complaining or reminding us how devastating this is, fine.  I don't like it either.  But to refuse to inconvenience oneself and to put others at risk puts one in a special category, so here is a quick @sshole check:

Is my fun or finances more important than doing my part to save the lives of my neighbors and family, even we "weak" people?  If so, you pass and here's your sign.

Now, I know people have nothing to do but jump on someone else's posts and I'll summarize here for those who like to create Strawmen.  Complaining is OK.  Not adhering to the safety rules - @sshole.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I understand disagreement with the very intrusive rules that are designed to save lives.  There is much frustration and despair over whether people can recover from this financially.  We have never in our lives had government intrude so far into our daily lives.  So, ***** away.  I don't like it either.  But do as you are F'ing Told To Do.  Some people must be talked to as children as that is their level of maturity and self-discipline.

If you are just complaining or reminding us how devastating this is, fine.  I don't like it either.  But to refuse to inconvenience oneself and to put others at risk puts one in a special category, so here is a quick @sshole check:

Is my fun or finances more important than doing my part to save the lives of my neighbors and family, even we "weak" people?  If so, you pass and here's your sign.

Now, I know people have nothing to do but jump on someone else's posts and I'll summarize here for those who like to create Strawmen.  Complaining is OK.  Not adhering to the safety rules - @sshole.

I am not complaining and financially I am fine, weathering the inconvenience in style and I can hold out as long as it takes.  The same cannot be said for many Americans and nobody can really articulate an end game, a vaccine is years away and this is not an option, so could one of geniuses explain to me the end game, thanks.

35 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am not complaining and financially I am fine, weathering the inconvenience in style and I can hold out as long as it takes.  The same cannot be said for many Americans and nobody can really articulate an end game, a vaccine is years away and this is not an option, so could one of geniuses explain to me the end game, thanks.

It has to be terrifying.  I've been through terrifying financial times.  I hate it for people and happy to see the government step up and try to help.

Well, the geniuses I've heard give their opinion based on scientific data.  They seem to me to be the most credible voice on the matter.  I would guess that the less contact between people, the quicker we get back to normal.  But riding that time out will be horrible for many people.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, smazza said:

the numbers are devastating.the speed at which people are getting sick and dying is nothing we have seen.america's hero are the most vulnerable.we must keep it shut down until we have universal testing or a vaccine

nacho libre GIF

Well, I did mean financially, but yeah, there are many unique experiences to be had, new interests to pursue.  I see five to ten times the cyclists go by my neighborhood now.  Wish I had stocks in bike companies.

My wife and I have gotten to know each other on a level we never have.  But, we started speaking to each other again after the first week! 😁

11 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The end game is a vaccine. Everything else (e.g. social distancing, convalescent plasma therapy) is mitigation.

Then the only differing of opinions is to what extent do we want to mitigate and at what cost. I for one do not believe it is feasible to stay at home for a couple years waiting on a vaccine, we will need to try and get back 

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The funny thing is that its forced me to do things I hadn't been doing with any regularity:

• Cleaning
  • Spending time with family
  • Reading
  • Household projects

I even heard one member of the board has lost weight! Whenever I get cabin fever I just go out and play a round of golf.

I have done the same but also mixed in some drinking as well.  If a vaccine is the end game and it is years out and everything else is mitigation.  To what cost and to what extent are we willing to mitigate this exposure. I just don’t feel it is reasonable to collapse the economy sitting on our hands and bankrupt future generations waiting for a vaccine.  If we only rely on scientists then they will always take the safest approach which may not be the best approach.

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Sign of the times: a 24 count of Charmin toilet paper ($16) costs more than a barrel of oil (cratered to $11 this morning)

Just wow

1 minute ago, Grateful Dad said:

Just wow

$1.25 a gallon here in Texas, too bad I have not filled up any of my cars in the past month.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

31 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

nacho libre GIF

You guys are all for science, unless its political science I guess

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

You guys are all for science, unless its political science I guess

Well vaccines, curing cancer and treating the sick are a lot easier to talk about then democrats vs repubs, and how to fashion a society that works for everyone. Politics is like a circle, the arguing about politics never ends it just repeats itself and keeps going