• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Football Season Being Seriously Considered by the AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Glad to see this response from the college commissioners 

As stated, these are student athletes from educational institutions 

Let the pros play in empty arenas

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Duh

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

I've said this before...move all fall sports to a schedule starting in mid November or early December.  College sports can't be played without the fans and i think we're fooling ourselves thinking that gatherings of 1,000 to 100,000 are going to happen before then.  What happens if we go with it in September and it's a disaster (either no one shows up or there is a big recurrence of the virus and deaths)  which has to be shut down anyhow after one or two games?  Not planning for a winter-spring football season is simply foolish.  Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

That should be easy as there may be only one sport to move by then

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

So I'll start off by saying I defer to qualified experts on what is best for students, faculty, fans, etc.. regarding a football season.

But personally, I'm just not sure how u can have games if players have a high chance of coming down with it.

When the first player on a team is diagnosed, wouldn't you end up quarantining the entire team?  How does that work on game day?  Forfeiture?  Postponement for two weeks?  If postponement, what happens when the opponent comes down with it on make-up day, another postponement?  Logistically it seems like a nightmare.

I am desperate for a sense of normalcy to return, but I don't see how until there's a vaccine or it miraculously stops being spread.

Edited by Ghostbuster

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

On a positive note: Just think, with the crowds we get at our games at Raymond James we could easily do Social Distancing by spreading out the 30,000 around the 60,000 seats. When you come into the stadium gates they check you for bombs, automatic weapons and.....Take your temperature. It's a win win situation, all because we play in a pro stadium.  Ok, now that the attendance issue is figured out. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

My questions is where is OSHA in all off this. Before companies and universities open back up OSHA should be setting national guidelines for what workplace rules need to be in place in order to reopen, and subsequently enforce. Even as a Republican, I'm not a fan of a guy whose priority is getting re-elected making that decision.

Dang, had completely forgotten about OSHA in this whole COVID-19 thing. A little research looks like, maybe until recently, they've been pretty much been on the sidelines ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I've said this before...move all fall sports to a schedule starting in mid November or early December.  College sports can't be played without the fans and i think we're fooling ourselves thinking that gatherings of 1,000 to 100,000 are going to happen before then.  What happens if we go with it in September and it's a disaster (either no one shows up or there is a big recurrence of the virus and deaths)  which has to be shut down anyhow after one or two games?  Not planning for a winter-spring football season is simply foolish.  Just my opinion.

If college football can’t be played with fans then there is no way the universities are going to be open yet. If the universities are not open then then there will be no football...as per the ADs of D1 football colleges. 

26 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

On a positive note: Just think, with the crowds we get at our games at Raymond James we could easily do Social Distancing by spreading out the 30,000 around the 60,000 seats. When you come into the stadium gates they check you for bombs, automatic weapons and.....Take your temperature. It's a win win situation, all because we play in a pro stadium.  Ok, now that the attendance issue is figured out. 

More like spreading the 20,000 fans we get...

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Vaccine? Maaaan I'm not touching any type of Corona Vaccine. There have been plenty of epidemics and outbreaks that the world rebounded from and life went on. While I don't think we should rush starting football back, I don't see any reason to cancel the entire season or wait on some vaccine that has been barely tested. 

For what it's worth:    Anybody recall the conversation this past Fall at Flu Shot time? The pharmacist told me that there was a strain of flu out there that the 2019 vaccine didn't combat. Still, over 16,000 deaths from flu virus related illness. Now, many doctors are admitting that the number of deaths and the reporting system may not be accurate. We may never know how many people actually died from Coronavirus.  Point is: the human body is a magnificent machine. It will protect itself. This virus may still go on as a new norm in our lives,  it will still cause illness and death. But, we will all go back to "somewhat normal" and live our lives. People will get the "flu/virus" and feel like crap and then recover and get back to their daily life. Yes, we may see people wearing masks and get use to it like they have in other countries. Overall, The United States Citizens for the most part, are tough folks. It's in our DNA. The weak, the bitchers, the malcontent and moaners are not the majority of this Country. Their just loud so they get attention. (didn't mean to go so long on this) But, guess I was compelled by reading through all the comments, ideas and concerns.

I believe "personally", we will start to see this Country going back to the "new" normal sooner rather than later. Football(sports) will be included, it's a USA thing.   

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If college football can’t be played with fans then there is no way the universities are going to be open yet. If the universities are not open then then there will be no football...as per the ADs of D1 football colleges. 

More like spreading the 20,000 fans we get...

I was being generous. Never know??  This season could be a "no" fan or minimal fan situation. Lot's of unknowns to speculate on right now...