• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basebulls Weekend Series: USF V Northwestern

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just an FYI. It is my understanding that next year there will be no games on social media or BullsVision. All of that content will be moved over to espn+.

Sadly that will leave me with no way to watch them. I haven't had ESPN, or any sports packages, in six years. That won't change going forward. At least I can get the scoop on here. 

Edited by Sierra048

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Sierra048 said:

Sadly that will leave me with no way to watch them. I haven't had ESPN, or any sports packages, in six years. That won't change going forward. At least I can get the scoop on here. 

Being so far away I could not live without them. The only thing I have not had longer than six years is caffeine 😀

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Sierra048 said:

Well ESPN plus is a service that doesn’t require any other cable plan and is pretty cheap at 4.99/month. As you said, you will always get the scoop here but for big games you might think about buying a month here and there. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

Four wins at this point is pretty impressive given they have 10 extra base hits through 11 games (8 doubles and 2 HR), just one guy hitting above .250., Bodrato is 0-for-season. It’s a credit to the staff that we’re not winless right now. I’d feel better about the youth in the lineup if they were actually producing anything.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Well ESPN plus is a service that doesn’t require any other cable plan and is pretty cheap at 4.99/month. As you said, you will always get the scoop here but for big games you might think about buying a month here and there. 

And pretty sure you don't need a contract.  But a month or 3 during the season and then drop it.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, CousinRicky said:

And pretty sure you don't need a contract.  But a month or 3 during the season and then drop it.

That’s correct. I think you get a magazine for those months as well 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

48 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Four wins at this point is pretty impressive given they have 10 extra base hits through 11 games (8 doubles and 2 HR), just one guy hitting above .250., Bodrato is 0-for-season. It’s a credit to the staff that we’re not winless right now. I’d feel better about the youth in the lineup if they were actually producing anything.

We have 3 guys .250 or above.  Freshman Carmine Lane is leading the team at .267 and has a double and a home run.

There's not much offense there, but with the pitching looking as good as it has there's a little glimmer of hope that the youthful offense could come around enough to stay competitive.  It's obvious that Mohl has put a priority on pitching 

Also, Mitchell is batting a buck 67, but his OBP is .375 so he is getting on base at a pretty good clip.  

There's room to grow

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

14 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

We have 3 guys .250 or above.  Freshman Carmine Lane is leading the team at .267 and has a double and a home run.

There's not much offense there, but with the pitching looking as good as it has there's a little glimmer of hope that the youthful offense could come around enough to stay competitive.  It's obvious that Mohl has put a priority on pitching 

Also, Mitchell is batting a buck 67, but his OBP is .375 so he is getting on base at a pretty good clip.  

There's room to grow

I haven’t seen that glimmer yet. It’s going to take a double-digit hit night and about 7-8 runs. You can’t beat UF or our conference foes getting two hits. We’ll lose a pretty good pitching coach when they have to let Mohl go.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

4-4 Bull batting

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Northwestern 0 0 0 1 1 2       4 7 0
South Florida 0 3 1 0 0         4 5 0

Live Stats