• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basebulls Weekend Series: USF V Northwestern

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Think our pitching staff at 17ks or thereabouts.

17 K's and only 2 BB.   Pitching continues to look good

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I wonder why there is no youtube for this one?

Can you please help an old guy out here? How do you watch a game on Youtube. That's probably the only way I'll get to watch Bull's baseball. Would really appreciate the help.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Days Won:  2

Winning on errors, that seems to be our calling card this season.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Sierra048 said:

Can you please help an old guy out here? How do you watch a game on Youtube. That's probably the only way I'll get to watch Bull's baseball. Would really appreciate the help.

I usually go to YouTube and because of it knowing what I’m thinking, it’s the first thing that comes up. Jk but I do follow the USF athletics page. But usually when they broadcast it, me or someone will post a link that you can click in the OP. This series just doesn’t have one. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

OK. Appreciate it. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Web Link:

AY4I2275_2.jpg?preset=large.socialmediai
BIT.LY

Recap: Collin Sullivan strikes out 14 in the first game of the series versus the Wildcats.

Click here to follow USF Baseball on Twitter

Click here to like USF Baseball on Facebook

Sullivan Tosses Gem in Bulls Win Against Northwestern

Collin Sullivan strikes out 14 in the first game of the series versus the Wildcats.

TAMPA (Feb. 28, 2020)Collin Sullivan recorded a career-high 14 strikeouts in six innings pitched as the Bulls (3-7) defeated Northwestern (3-4) 2-1 on Friday night at the USF Baseball Stadium.

Northwestern drew first blood, scoring one run in the top of the first, but Sullivan (Randolph, Mass.) found his composure and struck out a career-high 14 batters en route to earning his first win of the season.

The Bulls capitalized on a Northwestern error to take the lead in the bottom of the sixth. After reaching on an error, Dylan Buck (Lakewood Ranch, Fla.) scored the Bulls’ first run of the game after yet another Northwestern error, allowing Julio Cortez (Weston, Fla.) to reach base. Jordan Santos (Tampa, Fla.) gave the Bulls the lead with a two-out RBI single to right field, scoring Cortez.

Those two runs proved to be enough as Graham Hoffman (Tampa, Fla.) picked up his first save of the season, striking out one batter through one inning of relief.

QUOTABLE

Coach Billy Mohl on Sullivan’s performance:

“That’s what we needed from him. Obviously, the first inning he came out of the gates giving up a walk, a single and didn’t look too sharp. Then all of a sudden, he flipped a gear. If we go back and look at Sullivan’s career, he’s kind of a slow starter but once he gets in that rhythm, he’s pretty fun to watch.”

Notable

·        JD Dutka (Suwanee, Ga.) went 2-for-4

·        Nick Davila (Hialeah, Fla.) made his fourth appearance out of the Bullpen.

·        Collin Sullivan recorded a career-high 14 strikeouts.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I usually go to YouTube and because of it knowing what I’m thinking, it’s the first thing that comes up. Jk but I do follow the USF athletics page. But usually when they broadcast it, me or someone will post a link that you can click in the OP. This series just doesn’t have one. 

2 hours ago, Sierra048 said:

Just an FYI. It is my understanding that next year there will be no games on social media or BullsVision. All of that content will be moved over to espn+.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Sierra048 said:

No problem, and once you watch a few, YouTube will read your mind as well. 

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just an FYI. It is my understanding that next year there will be no games on social media or BullsVision. All of that content will be moved over to espn+.

I didn’t know that, but that works a little better for me if ESPN is gonna take responsibility for the production value. I know that’s not the case for everyone.

I know it’s probably just a student volunteer but the camera person for the YouTube stream is not very good. I remember him following the lead runner on plays and not the ball. Missed a lot. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

No problem, and once you watch a few, YouTube will read your mind as well. 

I didn’t know that, but that works a little better for me if ESPN is gonna take responsibility for the production value. I know that’s not the case for everyone.

I know it’s probably just a student volunteer but the camera person for the YouTube stream is not very good. I remember him following the lead runner on plays and not the ball. Missed a lot. 

Yes, from what I have heard the university is required to take on the production of the telecast (it is primarily start up cost toward hardware) but ESPN is chipping in. I suspect if they decided to not pay announcers then the game might revert back to youtube (which in my opinion is completely unwatchable) but I would think that would be the exception not the rule. Regardless, more AAC olympic sports will be on the new channel.

• Like 1