• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students want an OCS...Yea right!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  3

woolybully i think kyle is saying that usf students come to the games to socialize and to drink, hence why so many of them hang out by the pirate ship and don't care about watching the game, all they care about is whats going on after the game, not during.  so why do u think that they would actually show up to watch a game that is away?

I was playing "spider to the fly". I knew exactly what he meant, but I like to see it in print ever so often. If for no other reason than to reflect on it when someone says how great student attendance would be if [insert athletic slant here], but realize that it's really [insert enticement here].  The only time I see a bunch of students in the dome is when there's some sort of frat/Sor contest/mandatory show.

And that - is the difference between the "geezers" and the ch'uren...we're there to watch the game, but the ch'uren are there for the hook up. It's just fun to get someone to actually tell the truth once in a while.

C'mon...it's all in fun.  :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I got there a little late and drove through campus on the way.  Lots of people out and about....they sure weren't watching the game.

YEAH!  LETS BUILD AN OCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, You gotta create the environment to make this come. Poor attendance to watch a game in the SUndome...Dispite what people say we're a "commutter school." Build something to keep the students around on the weekends and they WILL stay. Until then, like this weekend, the campus will be dead...

U hit the nail on the head.  "we are a commuter school" which is exactly why an OCS would not affect attendance.  Most people don't come to the game from campus!  They come from off campus!  Pinellas county, west tampa, etc, which makes rayjay more centrally located.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

It was done on pretty short notice though....the only place I really saw it "advertised" was in the times....a lot of students don't have subscriptions to it or don't read it

It was done on pretty short notice though....the only place I really saw it "advertised" was in the times....a lot of students don't have subscriptions to it or don't read it

Isn't the times free on campus?

Besides, when i lived on campus, people heard about things through word of mouth, the oracle, whatever, it's just an excuse!

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

U hit the nail on the head.  "we are a commuter school" which is exactly why an OCS would not affect attendance.  Most people don't come to the game from campus!  They come from off campus!  Pinellas county, west tampa, etc, which makes rayjay more centrally located.

that is so dumb.  you build an on campus stadium, you bring people to your campus on weekends.. you dont WAIT for people to sit around in a pow-wow, waiting for a stadium to be built.. what kind of logic are you people using?

if you build it, they will come

u give someone a reason to come to campus on saturdays, and they will come-- and showing them an experience in the sundome that they can experience in their own dorm rooms (watching a game on a tv, essentially) is NOT a reason to come.  sorry, nice try, but showing a game on a jumbo tron is not equivalent to being at a live game.. a reason to come to campus is a football game, live and in the flesh

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

USF is currently just like they city of Tampa a front running sports town....sure there a few die hards (people like us on the board).

The Bucs had no fans until they started winning....same for the bolts....and the rays still draw no-one....

look at the attendance for the l'ville game ???

wvu will have good attendance because it is homecoming and more alums will be in town...

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

that is so dumb.  you build an on campus stadium, you bring people to your campus on weekends.. you dont WAIT for people to sit around in a pow-wow, waiting for a stadium to be built.. what kind of logic are you people using?

if you build it, they will come

u give someone a reason to come to campus on saturdays, and they will come-- and showing them an experience in the sundome that they can experience in their own dorm rooms (watching a game on a tv, essentially) is NOT a reason to come.  sorry, nice try, but showing a game on a jumbo tron is not equivalent to being at a live game.. a reason to come to campus is a football game, live and in the flesh

So you want us to spend 100 million dollars to appease the fickle student body who do not want to show support for thier team togeather? So if we build the stadium and the game is also on TV or the internet will it be too much to ask for the students to leave their dorm room and support their team?

Lets just let the students overun Ray Jay for a few seasons BEFORE we worry about thier lazy asses getting a stadium.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

"thier lazy asses"

not much respect for the usf students

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Thanks to whoever was in charge of putting the whole deal together. Had I not had to work, I wouldve been there.

I ***** a lot about the way things are done, but this was done right, from what I hear....

Good job.