• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Claw at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Took advantage of the free rounds of golf offered to season ticket members. I took some of my neighbors with me and was embarrassed by the conditions. The clubhouse has been condemned and the cart storage facility looked like it was about to fall down. The pro shop is a large storage container and the bathrooms are in a trailer. How has USF allowed this to get so bad? The conditions of the course were decent, but not the best. You’d think USF would care more about this course. Definitely doesn’t look like a course a major university would have. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Dig it up and put in a stadium 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

They're remodeling inside aren't they? 

I golf the claw regularly. It's a cheap course but for what you pay it's enjoyable. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Took advantage of the free rounds of golf offered to season ticket members. I took some of my neighbors with me and was embarrassed by the conditions. The clubhouse has been condemned and the cart storage facility looked like it was about to fall down. The pro shop is a large storage container and the bathrooms are in a trailer. How has USF allowed this to get so bad? The conditions of the course were decent, but not the best. You’d think USF would care more about this course. Definitely doesn’t look like a course a major university would have. 

seems like the school put the money in academics

we are number 3

werent we always number 3?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

I golf the claw regularly. It's a cheap course but for what you pay it's enjoyable. 

They need to remodel with dynamite.

• Haha 1

The course wasn’t in bad shape, but the clubhouse and cart storage facilities looked horrible. Most of the wood on both buildings was rotten and about falling off. Hopefully they do something because the facilities look like they’ve been neglected for years. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

The course wasn’t in bad shape, but the clubhouse and cart storage facilities looked horrible. Most of the wood on both buildings was rotten and about falling off. Hopefully they do something because the facilities look like they’ve been neglected for years. 

Part of that is what happens when an individual promises $2 million to rebuild/refurbish and then pulls his money when his kid doesn't get into the med school.  Sounds like he was making a purchase, not a donation.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

They’re remodeling the clubhouse because of a mold issue from what what I was told by en employee who checked me in last month.  The cart barn has been in horrible shape that could be seen on your approach to the 18th green for years. 

Not sure you would need anything more than a light breeze to knock any of the current buildings down. 

Heck, even “the Claw” itself isn’t going to be standing too much longer. 

7 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I think it would be easier to tear down the existing clubhouse and build something new. It doesn’t have to be really fancy, just not look like it’s going to fall over.

IMO if we build an OCS it won’t be on that property because of the wetlands. Trust me I want an ocs as much as most of you do. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1