• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Glenn Spencer as DC is Official

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

Dude...you have 28k posts on this board. If we are such a doormat why are you so interested?

I like many of you on this board am a DIEHARD. Hell, what I said is completely and totally factual. But that does not take away the fact that I love my alma mater on both the academic and athletic side. But like a family member USF is far from perfect. 

1 hour ago, SpeedBull said:

I don’t know if this is sarcasm or not, but this what I’m getting at.

This USF program has a ton of recently untapped potential. CJS hit it on the head in his press conference. Great market, great city, great recruiting etc.

There are very few elite programs in this country....all the rest are never in serious contention for National Titles.

I would think that at some point someone would want to stake their claim and become a legend at some of these “lesser” programs. Establish some roots and actually build something. 

I’ve established those roots in ‘84 kid...I need my conference football title now! 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

40 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I like many of you on this board am a DIEHARD. Hell, what I said is completely and totally factual. But that does not take away the fact that I love my alma mater on both the academic and athletic side. But like a family member USF is far from perfect. 

Fair enough. Here’s my thing....here’s what I tell my kids “if you don’t think you’re great, nobody else will either”.

At the end of the day, we as USF fans, as a program, need to believe that we are great. We need to believe that we are destined for greatness and that it’s inevitable.

If we keep talking about the program like we are second rate...and we keep pointing out our own deficiencies we will always be a second rate program. 

I’m not a fan of self deprecating humor. I’m not wired that way. You never hear the greats in any walk of life talk poorly about themselves.

The reason that there are so many Jim Leavitt fans, Matt Grothe fans, and fans of all of the original Bulls (and I know you are one of them) is because we were on the fast track to greatness. We never backed down. We never conceded a ******* thing to anyone. We had a belief that we were going to be great and we did great things.

Skippy, Willie, and Charlie sucked the life out of this program.....yes Willie too with his no loyalty ass. Let’s get it back and let’s stop pointing out our deficiencies. GO BULLS!!!

Edited by SpeedBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No one...I repeat NO ONE...is here for the long haul. Money talks ******** walks...

With the possible exception of Jim Leavitt, this is absolutely correct.

24 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Fair enough. Here’s my thing....here’s what I tell my kids “if you don’t think you’re great, nobody else will either”.

At the end of the day, we as USF fans, as a program, need to believe that we are great. We need to believe that we are destined for greatness and that it’s inevitable.

If we keep talking about the program like we are second rate...and we keep pointing out our own deficiencies we will always be a second rate program. 

I’m not a fan of self deprecating humor. I’m not wired that way. You never hear the greats in any walk of life talk poorly about themselves.

The reason that there are so many Jim Leavitt fans, Matt Grothe fans, and fans of all of the original Bulls (and I know you are one of them) is because we were on the fast track to greatness. We never backed down. We never conceded a ******* thing to anyone. We had a belief that we were going to be great and we did great things.

Skippy, Willie, and Charlie sucked the life out of this program.....yes Willie too with his no loyalty ass. Let’s get it back and let’s stop pointing out our deficiencies. GO BULLS!!!

Good points throughout SpeedBull. I think many on this board, including myself, are just being funny. Again, it’s like family. We can talk bad about family members but let someone from the outside say something and there will be trouble. Also, many points that are made from a negative perspective do, at times, have some truth toward them. In terms of CJL and those past teams it it just that...in the past. I don’t live that way and instead will continue to look to the future with the hopes that we finally win that conference championship...which is something everyone on this board wants...ok except maybe a few😂

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

With the possible exception of Jim Leavitt, this is absolutely correct.

A lot of things were different relative to college sports 10 years ago. 

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

7 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

Willie left because of Harlen. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Seems experienced at least.  You need at least two grizzled vets on your staff. 

2 hours ago, Rizman said:

Willie left because of Harlen. 

Willie left because of

rich dave chappelle GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No one...I repeat NO ONE...is here for the long haul. Money talks ******** walks...

But it don't sing and dance.

I'd much rather be forever in blue jeans.

• Haha 1