• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Glenn Spencer as DC is Official

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

He doesn’t seem like a long term guy here.

He already had plans to move on when he went to FAU. Hopefully he does a great job while he is here...and hopefully some assistants are developed to move up to DC when he goes Willie Taggart/Tom Allen on us and jumps at the next opportunity that comes.

anyone that succeeds at usf will move on

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

39 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No one...I repeat NO ONE...is here for the long haul. Money talks ******** walks...

Some will stay longer than others. To accept we will always a “one and done” stop is BS. Why bother building a program with that attitude and low self worth? I don’t buy it. I’m not expecting people for life, but this is a good job.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

58 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No one...I repeat NO ONE...is here for the long haul. Money talks ******** walks...

I’m shock by the accusations you are making. I could’ve sworn that this was listed as a “dream job”

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Some will stay longer than others. To accept we will always a “one and done” stop is BS. Why bother building a program with that attitude and low self worth? I don’t buy it. I’m not expecting people for life, but this is a good job.

The best long term you can hope for is four years. Anything past that and it means we have a mediocre coach. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

I’m shock by the accusations you are making. I could’ve sworn that this was listed as a “dream job”

I know right. What’s not to love? Overgrown empty stadium, no IPF, poor “actual” attendance, crowded athletic offices, G5 tv money to spend, etc. So much to enjoy and love. 😂 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know right. What’s not to love? Overgrown empty stadium, no IPF, poor “actual” attendance, crowded athletic offices, G5 tv money to spend, etc. So much to enjoy and love. 😂 

Sounds like a great opportunity. Anyone could come in make up a little ground and claim a huge victory. The possibilities seem endless

happy julie andrews GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, SpeedBull said:

And then we sucked Immediately after he left...I’m not interested in that. I’m tired of the one and done crap.

I think Scott is in for the relative long haul. I want a staff that feels the same. Time will tell.

Actually "we" improved the year after Allen left.  The defense regressed but the team overall was better. 

Allen brought a lot to the team.  I'm not sure we turn it around in 2015 without him.  Not saying we should look for one and done guys but even Alabama losses it's coordinators every couple of years. 

44 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Dude...you have 28k posts on this board. If we are such a doormat why are you so interested?

30 minutes ago, slowdown said:

Actually "we" improved the year after Allen left.  The defense regressed but the team overall was better. 

Allen brought a lot to the team.  I'm not sure we turn it around in 2015 without him.  Not saying we should look for one and done guys but even Alabama losses it's coordinators every couple of years. 

Don’t get me wrong, I loved the guy. I hated to see him go. I can deal with 3-5 year tenures with the HC if that’s how this is going to go, but we need to build a program with solid assistants that are being groomed to grow from within.

This guy is older with clear, stated aspirations to move on quickly. Doesn’t seem to fit the “new mold” of younger guys that want to build something.

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

Sounds like a great opportunity. Anyone could come in make up a little ground and claim a huge victory. The possibilities seem endless

happy julie andrews GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I don’t know if this is sarcasm or not, but this what I’m getting at.

This USF program has a ton of recently untapped potential. CJS hit it on the head in his press conference. Great market, great city, great recruiting etc.

There are very few elite programs in this country....all the rest are never in serious contention for National Titles.

I would think that at some point someone would want to stake their claim and become a legend at some of these “lesser” programs. Establish some roots and actually build something.