• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

today is the beginning of a dynasty

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I don't think we were as bad as our record would indicate. Our offense was inconsistent/ borderline consistently bad. We have an offense-minded coach and a coordinator with a photographic memory. Offensive line was bad, but the coach brought in for that seems legit even if his history is tainted with that one school. The whole crew is brimming with energy, which our team needed big time. I honestly don't see why we can't win and win big coming out of the gate. We weren't missing THAT many peices and we seem to be on track to gaining more than we loss. 

Well I will say that part of what held back this offense back was the plays that were called.  I firmly believe that if Bell had gone away from trying to force McCloud to be a pocket passing qb and rolled him out more and got him outside the pocket we could maybe gotten something that looked like an offense.

Many of McClouds busted plays that he busted outside  he found open receivers for some good yards...then we went right back to McCloud getting sacked in the pocket.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

4 hours ago, Azmodi said:

The turn around has already begun. People are talking about USF Football and they're not laughing. We are on course for the first time in a very long time.

We are winning the offseason for sure.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

If we are expecting to compete for a conference championship 3 years from now then why didn’t we hire Bell as head coach. All he has ever done was build programs up and win a championship in first 3 years of him running programs. 

• ???? 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I don't think we were as bad as our record would indicate. Our offense was inconsistent/ borderline consistently bad. We have an offense-minded coach and a coordinator with a photographic memory. Offensive line was bad, but the coach brought in for that seems legit even if his history is tainted with that one school. The whole crew is brimming with energy, which our team needed big time. I honestly don't see why we can't win and win big coming out of the gate. We weren't missing THAT many peices and we seem to be on track to gaining more than we loss. 

Great. He won't forget all the missed blocks and dropped passes.  Woo Hoo.  Just a little humor.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, Bulls On Parade said:

Well I will say that part of what held back this offense back was the plays that were called.  I firmly believe that if Bell had gone away from trying to force McCloud to be a pocket passing qb and rolled him out more and got him outside the pocket we could maybe gotten something that looked like an offense.

Many of McClouds busted plays that he busted outside  he found open receivers for some good yards...then we went right back to McCloud getting sacked in the pocket.

last year's team

was low energy

lacking fundamentals and discipline

horrible and inconsistent play calling

better coaching can fix all of that before the first game

• Upvote 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 12/24/2019 at 9:04 PM, Bullgrad84 said:

If we are expecting to compete for a conference championship 3 years from now then why didn’t we hire Bell as head coach. All he has ever done was build programs up and win a championship in first 3 years of him running programs. 

I think this was meant to be sarcastic.  

But if it wasn't, then I think the reasons are obvious.  KB was tied to CCS and we have a completely new regime.  That ship has sailed, its is time to move on my friend!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, smazza said:

last year's team

was low energy

lacking fundamentals and discipline

horrible and inconsistent play calling

better coaching can fix all of that before the first game

That's the old Smazza back into form.  😆  No caps, no punctuation.  Good to have you back.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

23 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think this was meant to be sarcastic.  

But if it wasn't, then I think the reasons are obvious.  KB was tied to CCS and we have a completely new regime.  That ship has sailed, its is time to move on my friend!

This. 

After the last two seasons we needed a clean slate. CKB may be a fine coach but wrong place, wrong time