• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott Frost is 8-14 and got an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

Taggart won 10 in 2016. He left before the bowl game, which was the 11th win. Charlie won 10 in 2017. We went 10-2 that year including the bowl game. There was a game cancelled that year, and never rescheduled 

Hence why I said and finished "the season". He left before the bowl game.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Hence why I said and finished "the season". He left before the bowl game.

Taggart went 10-2 in 2016. TJ Weist went  1-0 that year as Head Coach (Bowl game)

Charlie went 10-2 in 2017. Nobody has ever won more than 10 games in a season here, even when you include bowl wins.

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Taggart went 10-2 in 2016. TJ Weist went  1-0 that year as Head Coach (Bowl game)

Charlie went 10-2 in 2017. Nobody has ever won more than 10 games in a season here, even when you include bowl wins.

My bad, I really meant to say win 10 or more games. and finish out the season. Taggart, Holtz or CJL has never done so. CCS is the ONLY one. 

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

My bad, I really meant to say win 10 or more games. and finish out the season. Taggart, Holtz or CJL has never done so. CCS is the ONLY one. 

I also thought Charlie went 11-2 in 2017, but forgot about the game that was cancelled due to the hurricane. In all likelihood, we would have been 11-2 had we played that game.

Don't forget though, we went 11-2 in 2016, and Taggart coached 10 of those games, so he had a 10 win season too. 

7 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I also thought Charlie went 11-2 in 2017, but forgot about the game that was cancelled due to the hurricane. In all likelihood, we would have been 11-2 had we played that game.

Don't forget though, we went 11-2 in 2016, and Taggart coached 10 of those games, so he had a 10 win season too. 

I dont count Taggart, b/c he didn't finish the season. He contributed to our only 11 win season :) 

9 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I dont count Taggart, b/c he didn't finish the season. He contributed to our only 11 win season :) 

Ok. I wanted Taggart to stick around for that bowl, but I like the results we had with TJ.

I liked what Frost did by coming back and coaching the bowl game for UCF after he was hired away by Nebraska. Not often you see a coach do that.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

On 11/21/2019 at 7:55 PM, USFBulls727 said:

liked what Frost did by coming back and coaching the bowl game for UCF after he was hired away by Nebraska. Not often you see a coach do that.

Yeah, but how often does a hired away coach get to play for a natty before leaving... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Triple B said:

Yeah, but often does a hired away coach get to play for a natty before leaving... 

Brian Kelly was in a similar situation to Frost when he got his undefeated Cincy team to a BCS bowl in 2009. Kelly did what most coaches would have done and bolted before the BCS bowl. I like that Frost came back. Not sure there are many who would have done the same.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Brian Kelly was in a similar situation to Frost when he got his undefeated Cincy team to a BCS bowl in 2009. Kelly did what most coaches would have done and bolted before the BCS bowl. I like that Frost came back. Not sure there are many who would have done the same.

Interesting fact about Kelly. He won two bowl games in three weeks. One with his original team (Eastern Mich?) and then with Cincy in the International Bowl.,

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interesting fact about Kelly. He won two bowl games in three weeks. One with his original team (Eastern Mich?) and then with Cincy in the International Bowl.,

tyus jones preview GIF