• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chad Morris now available

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

30 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Go back and watch CCS in season 3 at Texas. It was quite obvious based on body language last season that CCS was not worried. He was in season 3 of Texas. He was practically begging after the Kansas loss. The cake is done, we just have to bake it. 

It’s all there if you wish to see it.  

Kelly is going to come out at season’s end and lecture the fan base that they don’t have money and we haven’t given CCS and Bell enough time.

The only way I see a change is if the BOT and the pres step in and tell Kelly to go ahead and eat the buyout. Hopefully I am wrong.

We are about to see if the new president is a football man or not. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Good lord.....why because of the buyout, which seems to be as big a secret as Trumps tax returns.

If u are right about this I will be very dissapointed in Kelly.  Unless his hands are completely tied.

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would suspect his hands are tied if we are talking $5 mil +. Contact Mark Harlan for complaints. That schmuck really screwed us over good. 

13 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

There are creative ways to get around contracts......its not like we dont have any donors at all.  If the right people are really fed up with CCS especially if we get blown out last 3 games.  Somebody or a group of somebodys could step up.  Or spread the money over period of time.

No my bet is on CCS will be gone and Kelly already knows who he wants to go after, maybe there has already been off the record conversations...No inside info just my gut.

We can't come up with $20 million over multiple years to even start the IPF.  Where do you think they'll find another $5 million (or whatever the number is) to buy out a contract?  It isn't that we don't have donors we just don't have donors with deep enough pockets that care enough about football.  We all here on the Bullspen are donors and couldn't come up with $10k to donate to the IPF.  Things are very dire.  Our TV contract went from what $17 million to about $4 or 5 million.  The BE buyout money is gone and we are living with a new normal.  Just my guess here but Harlan may have thought having a Charlie Strong hire on his resume would help get him out of here. It worked for him. Not so much for USF.  Pretty sure VPofA Kelly knows a change is needed but guessing he can't pull the trigger unless a person or two cares enough and has enough $$$ to go ahead with the firing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We can't come up with $20 million over multiple years to even start the IPF.  Where do you think they'll find another $5 million (or whatever the number is) to buy out a contract?  It isn't that we don't have donors we just don't have donors with deep enough pockets that care enough about football.  We all here on the Bullspen are donors and couldn't come up with $10k to donate to the IPF.  Things are very dire.  Our TV contract went from what $17 million to about $4 or 5 million.  The BE buyout money is gone and we are living with a new normal.  Just my guess here but Harlan may have thought having a Charlie Strong hire on his resume would help get him out of here. It worked for him. Not so much for USF.  Pretty sure VPofA Kelly knows a change is needed but guessing he can't pull the trigger unless a person or two cares enough and has enough $$$ to go ahead with the firing.

Is there a groupon available or promo code we can get on retail me not? 

41 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Is there a groupon available or promo code we can get on retail me not? 

I doubt CCS takes coupons.  He holds the magnifying glass out in the sun and we the fans are the ants. (Not that I ever did anything like that as a kid).

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I doubt CCS takes coupons.  He holds the magnifying glass out in the sun and we the fans are the ants. (Not that I ever did anything like that as a kid).

I think I recall that death being more swift and severe while this feels like a far more drawn out death, maybe we can give him partial payment in the souls of fans (I will offer mine up since I have little use for it). 

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Chicken Little....the sky is falling.....run for your lives!

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The IPF is needed and important but maybe seems not as important as the immediate state of the team.

Who is to say that a coaching change isnt a priority to the donors right now than an IPF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,550
  • Days Won:  423

13 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

The IPF is needed and important but maybe seems not as important as the immediate state of the team.

Who is to say that a coaching change isnt a priority to the donors right now than an IPF.

The long term benefits of an ipf outweighs a year or two more of CCS, IMO ......... unless Nick Saban wants to take on a rebuild.

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The long term benefits of an ipf outweighs a year or two more of CCS, IMO ......... unless Nick Saban wants to take on a rebuild.

I agree with you.  But that doesnt mean the donors feel the same way.

24 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Chicken Little....the sky is falling.....run for your lives!

20 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Pretty sure I presented an accurate picture of where we stand.

Where are these donors?  No one is stepping up.  The big push was the IPF and people are probably tapped out.  We made a big, for us, contribution to the IPF this year.  Can't afford to put more into buying out CCS.