• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alexis Yetna

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

I wouldn't say mediocre. It's hard for me to so easily discount this back court and team defense. There are a few ways this team can overcome this. For example, IF Durr has developed a mid-range jumper, that solves a great deal of the loss on offense. If we are even average perimeter shooters this year, that solves a great deal of the loss on offense. We have the bodies and a coach who demands maximum effort every minute of the game which could make up for the rebounding. I think it's too soon to wallow in our sorrow.

The season is not lost and hopefully our ifs work out however as a bulls fan it is never to soon to wallow in sorrow, sorrow is coming, the only question is when and I like to be prepared.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We just learned our best player, who could jump out of the gym, best rebounder and is an absolute freak that will make a career in hoops and can stretch the defense by shooting from the perimeter is out for this much anticipated season.  The end is not near but the dreams we had this season have taken a huge hit, to think otherwise is to have your head in the sand. Tough to make lemonade out of these lemons, give us a few days to wallow in our misery and then we will pull ourselves up by our boot straps and lower our expectations like we do every year for our mediocre teams and try to regain some of the excitement.  it is tough being a bulls fan.

He is a great player but we still have great players on this team. Does it hurt? Yes. Were we going to the NCAA tournament? Borderline maybe. This team will still get an NIT bid. Let’s remember that two years ago we were winning like 7 games. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

34 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He is a great player but we still have great players on this team. Does it hurt? Yes. Were we going to the NCAA tournament? Borderline maybe. This team will still get an NIT bid. Let’s remember that two years ago we were winning like 7 games. 

We may have been borderline NCAA w/ Yetna.  I thought NIT this year.  Now I'm not so sure.  Let's get a month into the season and see how things shake out.  But losing Y is a huge deal.  People that don't think so didn't watch the kid last year.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We may have been borderline NCAA w/ Yetna.  I thought NIT this year.  Now I'm not so sure.  Let's get a month into the season and see how things shake out.  But losing Y is a huge deal.  People that don't think so didn't watch the kid last year.

Good point let’s see how we adjust first. Yes, it’s a terrible blow but I trust BG to create a strategy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good point let’s see how we adjust first. Yes, it’s a terrible blow but I trust BG to create a strategy.

People say you can turn around basketball quicker than other sports because it is only 5 guys.  That works in reverse unfortunately as well.  Just lost arguably our best player.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

People say you can turn around basketball quicker than other sports because it is only 5 guys.  That works in reverse unfortunately as well.  Just lost arguably our best player.

Well I am pretty sure the players and the coaches, unlike the fans, are not going to sit around and piss and moan about it. They will listen to their coach, keep their same goals, and move forward.  

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

3 hours ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

I respect Rideau, but you know everyone has to be feeling it. Yetna was a difference maker for us and a tough matchup for every opponent. We just got a lot easier to gameplan for. I'm going to follow every minute of this team this year and we will still be highly competitive, but let's all be realistic. This hurts in a big way, especially with Kiir also on the shelf. We just got a lot smaller and less athletic up front.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

57 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Key work arguably. There's still two other dudes in the back court that will have something to say about that.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Key work arguably. There's still two other dudes in the back court that will have something to say about that.

Good players but no Yetna, season not lost but lost plenty of that shine.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the post Q , I still believe this is going to be a great season.